For all the "preppers" out here

Just wanted to start a side thread because I figured there was 1 or 10 other preppers in this group :ROFLMAO:! I've started helping more of my family learn and obtain gear to stay "ready" in a sense for when things go bad. So, why not get a thread going where everyone can talk amongst ourselves on the matter.

I posted a video about a week ago on my YouTube page talking about Faraday bags, their use, showing their use in real time, and figured this would be a good starting point for the thread. Ill share the link here to the video, its only 6 minutes long but straight to the point on everything. At the end I show exactly where I bought the bags from incase anyone wants to add these to their GoBags.

Next video I'll probably put together goes over comms/ radios. (y) Anyone running a radio other than a walkie talkie ?:LOL:

OP
L
Yeah right "FNG"!

All of my rations and equipment sadly sank in a freak boating accident along with all my firearms.
Just not as active on posting here, more so browsing the classifieds and such. Joined little over a year after you did 👀

Always good to have somewhere where newer folks to prepping can look to get information from guys who have been doing it a while or just have the knowledge.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
There is a guy I know who has all the prepper gear a man could want. He also has zero woodsman skills, and couldn't find his way home out of the woods if he wanted to, much less spend a night in the woods. My plan is to take his stuff when it hits the fan. I'll drink whiskey until it happens.

There is a guy I know who has all the prepper gear a man could want. He also has zero woodsman skills, and couldn't find his way home out of the woods if he wanted to, much less spend a night in the woods. My plan is to take his stuff when it hits the fan. I'll drink whiskey until it happens.
You only know one guy with supplies and no skills?

OP
L
Always good to have a plan of action because lets be honest, if something happens bad enough, you wont be able to trust anyone. One giant loot stash for you!

OP
L
So far, none of this is making any sense….
Wanted to start a thread for folks to be able to bounce ideas, share things, that they have or have built in relation to prepping for SHTF situations. Thats why I shared the video I did on Faraday bags and their use. I know that comms is a pretty "Pushed to the back burner" topic so Im planning on talking about radios pretty soon.

OP
L
I admit, I had to laugh when the video dude said the little bag would protect your phone and wallet from EMP.

If you’re planning to be a prepper, at least understand what you are preparing against
Its what most Faraday bags are built around the primase if a targeted EMP were to happen. Now from what I can find via research the only times these theories have been tested is during Solar Storms, which is the closest thing to an EMP anyone has experienced other than from large warhead testing. My main purpose for them is GPS and signal blocking but glad I was able to give you a chuckle nonetheless (y)