For a given caliber, which factory rifles (sub $1500) handle recoil the best in your opinion?

It seems many people say the Tikka recoils a lot for a given caliber. I've read where X-Bolts come stock with a really good recoil pad. Weatherby Vanguards seem a little heavier, which might help with recoil. Just curious which factory rifles have handled recoil the best for you? I'm interested in stepping up to 7mm or .300 win mag, or even a light recoiling .30-06.

It seems many people say the Tikka recoils a lot for a given caliber. I've read where X-Bolts come stock with a really good recoil pad. Weatherby Vanguards seem a little heavier, which might help with recoil. Just curious which factory rifles have handled recoil the best for you? I'm interested in stepping up to 7mm or .300 win mag, or even a light recoiling .30-06.
It's moreso light rifle = more felt recoil. Tikkas are lighter for an oem so more felt recoil. The aftermarket imbsaver air tech pad rly helps tikkas though. Probably would beat any pad that comes on an OEM stock. Another crutch is a brake or suppressor. If you want to shoot a lot though 30 cal/magnum isn't the best choice. I have 4 tikkas and the 7mag is by far the last one I would choose to shoot.

Back