FNG in San Diego

Hello! I'm 35 years old and I am a FNG in San Diego. Not sure why its taken me so long to get into hunting, I love backpacking and being outdoors, and love shooting guns. Looking forward to getting out there and trying my hand at some deer ( I know it's tough around my area), some turkey, and some rabbit. Me and my family have plans to move north in the next few years so I'd like to have some skills developed before getting into better hunting territory. Former USMC 0861, anyone in SD looking for someone to mentor or go hunt with?

huntnful

WKR
Right on dude! Better late than never! Yeah deer is tough in your neck of the woods for sure. But you can’t kill them from the couch. Head east to some the desert units. There’s deer scattered throughout them

OP
LightWeightN8
Thanks! Yea I like hiking out in the desert so that could be a good option for me. I figured i'll have the best shot if I hike out further than most would want to, maybe even make it an overnighter.

huntnful

WKR
Thanks! Yea I like hiking out in the desert so that could be a good option for me. I figured i'll have the best shot if I hike out further than most would want to, maybe even make it an overnighter.
Packing into a remote area can be a great option, especially once you’ve confirmed there’s a population of deer in that general vicinity

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new CA member. Semper Fi.

Eddie