FNG from Wyoming

7RemMag

FNG
Hello Everyone, long time lurker on the forum. I’m 24 years old. Born and raised in Northcentral PA, but Sundance Wyoming is where I proudly call home. Cut my teeth hunting and trapping in the farms and woods around my childhood home, but thrilled to be out here in the West with all it has to offer. Happy to be here, and excited to help in any way I can. I’m sure I’ll be asking some questions of my own before too long.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new WY member.

Eddie

OP

7RemMag

FNG
Welcome! Now, where are the elk located in WY? LOL! Jk!
As much as I’d like to be a help there, I couldn’t confidently tell anyone where a “go-to” place for elk in Wyoming is. I hunted pretty hard last fall for elk, and even into December on a reduced price cow tag. I never laid eyes on an elk during season, and I hunted pretty hard every weekend.

I had planned on hunting even harder but a couple weeks ago I got an email that I drew Wyoming Bighorn Sheep tag in the Seminoe/Ferris Mountains. My first year applying. Needless to say, I won’t be heartbroken if I don’t get an elk this year, either.

As much as I’d like to be a help there, I couldn’t confidently tell anyone where a “go-to” place for elk in Wyoming is. I hunted pretty hard last fall for elk, and even into December on a reduced price cow tag. I never laid eyes on an elk during season, and I hunted pretty hard every weekend.

I had planned on hunting even harder but a couple weeks ago I got an email that I drew Wyoming Bighorn Sheep tag in the Seminoe/Ferris Mountains. My first year applying. Needless to say, I won’t be heartbroken if I don’t get an elk this year, either.
Congrats on the sheep hunt! I bet that will be an exciting hunt. As for the elk spotsI was kidding and didn't expect an answer, I bet you get asked all the time. Good luck in this fall.

Redthies

FNG
Welcome and congrats on the sheep tag! You in oil and gas industry? Seems logical as a transplant to that area. I was all over the western side of Wyoming again this past year. Saw some new areas. Beautiful state to call home!