FNG from Central PA

JB64

Lil-Rokslider
Got cued into this site and this is precisely what I have been looking for. Currently just started the planning process for myself and another to hunt elk out west(possibly Idaho) in 2018. Been hunting white tail for about 15 years. Im a pilot, I enjoy land management and still trying to learn how to manage the other hunters.

pooh05

FNG
Welcome from western PA, and just a FYI there are no elk in Idaho. They all went to Montana...

elkyinzer

WKR
Lewisburg. debating if i should archery hunt Bald Eagle SF.

All the ridge and valley State Forest has moving pockets of good deer populations, and a lot of areas with not much of anything. Some years there are no acorns and they pretty much have to migrate out of the mountains down into the valleys. Definitely gotta scout a lot to stay on the deer, it's tough but I still love the mountain hunting.

The Amish down that way are brutal on the deer populations, those guys are killers. About 5 years ago they had a drive going in the Bald Eagle that must have had 50 or 60 guys, easy. Covered a whole valley, ridge to ridge. I drove by where the vans were waiting at the end and there were about 8 or 9 parked there.