rifle stock

FredBo

FNG
advice on a rifle stock for a new build looking for sporter style with traditional straight grip with no palm swell and higher comb 30 to 31 inches overall length 1.75 or less fore end the manners mcs-eh6 nonadjustable had everything I wanted but it is discontinued any help would be greatly appreciated.

The McMillan Hunters Edge would comes in really close to your specs. Its a nice stock, not perfect but its a possible option. Or if you can find one which is tough one of the Proof Elevation stocks are great if going with a CF wrapped barrel. Or even the Manners Ultra Classic?

OP
F

FredBo

FNG
The McMillan Hunters Edge would comes in really close to your specs. Its a nice stock, not perfect but its a possible option. Or if you can find one which is tough one of the Proof Elevation stocks are great if going with a CF wrapped barrel. Or even the Manners Ultra Classic?
yes, the Mcmillan hunter has everything I'm looking for except it has a pretty large palm swell and not quite a straight grip as I was looking for, I came across Daryle hollands rifle stocks made proprietary for him looks like everything but have not been sent dimensions. Thanks for the info a sporter style with higher negative comb and slight palm swell is hard to find everything. Seems everything now is huge palms swells and vertical grip. thanks for the advice.

yes, the Mcmillan hunter has everything I'm looking for except it has a pretty large palm swell and not quite a straight grip as I was looking for, I came across Daryle hollands rifle stocks made proprietary for him looks like everything but have not been sent dimensions. Thanks for the info a sporter style with higher negative comb and slight palm swell is hard to find everything. Seems everything now is huge palms swells and vertical grip. thanks for the advice.
Sorry for the confusion - I don't mean the McMillan Hunter but the lightweight Hunters Edge stock which is a pretty traditional shape with no palm swell. This one below.

Also, almost forgot one of my favorites:) The McMillan Classic in Edge fill, this has been my go to stock for most of my builds. It has a bit more drop then some like but a fantastic stock for any barrel up to about a #3 contour barrel to maybe 24" finished length to get a good balance. This one is on one of my favorite rifles.

Macintosh

WKR
Only issue is the mcmillans mentioned have significant drop, they are the opposite of a negative comb. The only traditional sporter stock I am aware of with a negative comb is the AG Composites privateer, the specs on their website indicate the drop at comb is .625” and drop at heel is .325”. An Allterra might also be an option, that also has a negative comb, a bit more so than the AG.

OP
F

FredBo

FNG
Only issue is the mcmillans mentioned have significant drop, they are the opposite of a negative comb. The only traditional sporter stock I am aware of with a negative comb is the AG Composites privateer, the specs on their website indicate the drop at comb is .625” and drop at heel is .325”. An Allterra might also be an option, that also has a negative comb, a bit more so than the AG.
yes, sir I looked hard at the a and g composites stock they said they did not inlet for a bat vampire. thanks for the response finding a stock for this action is hurting my brain

OP
F

FredBo

FNG
Also, almost forgot one of my favorites:) The McMillan Classic in Edge fill, this has been my go to stock for most of my builds. It has a bit more drop then some like but a fantastic stock for any barrel up to about a #3 contour barrel to maybe 24" finished length to get a good balance. This one is on one of my favorite rifles.
thanks, Oregan Muley looks like I am going to have to make some compromises with finding a stock with my criteria with the bat vampire action and brux#4 heavy sporter am I replying in the right place I am new to rockslide.

Macintosh

WKR
Call UM, they seem to really like bat actions, Im sure they will have a handle on everything available and what your options are.