FNG from Central Oregon

FNG from Central Oregon. Long time lurker, used this site to research areas, gear reviews and gear sales.
Previous member of fishing forums, but more of a hunter these days.

If I had to categorize myself; I’m an elk hunter; yet to be an elk killer. Love hunting during the rut, so my gravitation has been towards Archrey. Don’t get me wrong, I like Archrey and love to tinker. But I also love rifle hunting and even scouting. Something about elk. Hunting has changed my life; arguably for the better. I’m much more focused on fitness and health because I find it helpful in the type of hunting I participate in and enjoy.

Excited that for 2023 I’ll be hunting oregon archery elk and an Idaho otc rifle elk tag. Just stoked to get two seasons!

Continuing to work on expanding my horizons across multiple methods. Like I said I love calling during the rut. I’m pretty successful in vocally locating elk, and called in a bull for another shooter. Learned a lot this season by focusing on some more solo calling tactics via Paul Medel. Started running trail cameras pretty regularly last season, and looking to branch out into tree-stand hunting; especially for early season, or as a way to kill local bulls before jetting off to other states during the rut.

Also purchased a go hunt subscription. Take it for what its worth, but I love it for hunt planing because I’m an analytics nerd. Putting in for a few lottery draws in 2023 and building points for my future seasons.

Anyways, in summary, stoked to be here

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome from the Willamette Valley (Salem)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk