FNG Canadian Rockies

jmannas

FNG
Hi All,

Not sure what FNG means but why not try it out.

What an incredible source of information and community! I’ve been reading Rokslide since the 2020 fall season ended and want to thank everyone for all the effort people spend on helping others. I’m new to joining the forum because I recently purchased a used bow and I’m outfitting it with used gear using the classifieds. I’ve also joined an archery specific forum, lots of information there as well.

My cousin got me into deer hunting, generally within a short hike of the truck. It’s always been about the meat. My wife got me into backcountry camping in the Rockies. I learned archery when I was a boy but golf beat out the archery... until recently.

I now want adventure, hardship, and a story to tell my infant son. Im a sucker for the long road to great memories. I’m now finding myself obsessed with trying to bring together mountain camping and mountain hunting. I’m turning day hikes and weekends into scouting sessions. Love sitting at the top of summits learning all the pockets. My wife hasn’t taken my budget away and I’ve outfitted almost all the gear necessary. I’m lucky. Wow.. so many skills necessary to do this type of activity.. almost impossible it seems.

Where I hunt you can get general sheep tags for 4/5 curl as well as general early season archery tags for elk and deer. I’m so excited for this fall that I might try to carry both weapons into the backcountry this year. Sounds comical, but who knows what will be the plan.

Glad to be able to lurk behind the scenes and learn as much as I can before I get to go out again on the weekends to learn the ways of the animals.

Thank you Rokslide.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

FNG = Fcuking New Guy