Flying with Titanium Stove?

Has anyone had any problems flying commercially with a titanium stove for your hot tent? I am assuming it would be fine in checked luggage but figured I would ask to see if anyone has first hand experience. I have a late season hunt and I am debating about flying out to gain some more hunt time vs driving out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EdP

WKR
I have no experience but can't imagine why it would be a problem. If you think it will be, send it UPS or USPS and pick it up when you get there. I did that years ago with backpacking gear just to make sure it was there when I got there instead of lost in the luggage clusterf..k the airlines run.

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Has anyone had any problems flying commercially with a titanium stove for your hot tent? I am assuming it would be fine in checked luggage but figured I would ask to see if anyone has first hand experience. I have a late season hunt and I am debating about flying out to gain some more hunt time vs driving out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wouldn't be a problem in your checked bag at all. And I don't know why it would be an issue in your carry on if you wanted to do that.

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer to take my titanium stove as an additional carry on. Stow it under the seat with me. Really not interested in having it crushed by some knucklehead. No had an issue yet.

Legend

WKR
Wouldn't be a problem in your checked bag at all. And I don't know why it would be an issue in your carry on if you wanted to do that.
If you have ever used a titanium stove pipe you would know that that damn thing is deadly sharp!! You could decapitate someone with those things.

You should be fine.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I’ve done Alaska airlines, Southwest Airlines, delta airlines, united airlines, and allegiant airlines with my stove in my pack in a water proof duffle bag. No issues yet.