Flying with Bow question

Jacack

WKR
First time flying with a bow , always drive but not this year.

My skb case has 6 lock holes, anyone ever been hassled about not having a lock in every one?

I had it happen with guns before but hate to have 6 locks when 2 clearly locks it more the secure enough.

I know I read the tsa page and see nothing about it

Norm555

WKR
If you have a gun you’ll need locks for all holes. I’ve had issues and I always bring an extra lock just in case in case of malfunction or one getting lost. I’ve picked up my gun case once at baggage claim and the lock was gone (I figured maybe it broke off during handling). As far as I know locks are not needed for a bow only.

BigDog00

WKR
I've never had an issue flying with guns and/or bows. I've only ever used two locks (never a TSA lock) and never had one cut off. I've also never had any trouble at the ticket counter. I've always flown United.

7Bartman

WKR
Like others have said, locks only needed if you stick your gun in there too.

OP
J

Jacack

WKR
Not Bringing a gun. So I guess I will leave it .

I had 3 locks on a rifle case once and must of dropped the fourth walking to the terminal and they absolutely wouldn't let it go without that last lock even know there was no way you could get anything out of the case.

But hey it's good if you put a cheap tsa lock that virtually anyone can open.
So had to by a lock at the gift shop.

This is just a bow but the case could be used for a gun do figured I wouks see if anyone had had issues

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
The airlines don't seem to care about bows or crossbows at all. I fly with a Ravin crossbow inside a hard sided suitcase and tell them there is a crossbow inside. They normally say ok and do nothing different than normal luggage. No locks required.

Are you flying out of country? If so, make sure you have your bow's serial number "registered" with TSA before you leave to prove it originated domestically.