Fly Fishing Waders

Mtn_Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
Finally decided its time to stop buying bad fitting, crappy, waders!! I'm currently looking at Simms and Patagonia waders but open to others. Grundens is on my radar but seems it'll be next spring before they have inventory. What have yall had good luck with?

Shane802

FNG
I’m a big fan of Orvis, not saying they are the best but for the price point I don’t think they can be beat. Simms are amazing but for the price I would cry if I put a hole in them

At the highest level, Orvis, Simms, Patagonia, are pretty much equal and all are excellent, so it comes down to fit. Patagonia just doesn't fit me, Orvis waders are okay, Simms are great.

If price is a consideration, take a look at Redington - just slightly under the big three but a great value and the company has treated me very well when it comes of replacement.

Mt Al

WKR
Simms, made in USA, you can customize but cost more $ and as above front zipper for easy wiz. USA USA USA!!!!

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
Agree on the Redingtons. I bought a pair years ago to backup my Patagonias but liked the fit so much the Redingtons became my primary waders. Also the company stands by its warranty.

dtrkyman

WKR
I’ve been looking at EAG (engineered angling gear) they look pretty good.
Nice features on those waders.

Simms is changing hands and have heard complaints recently so who knows. I have a discount code for DRYFT but not sure about them.

I have a wasit high set of Cabelas that are finally giving up, but are old and have seen some abuse! Recent Cabelas waders seem to be a crap shoot. Ole Johny is turning them into another outdoor Walmart!

def90

WKR
My Simms have been fine, got the mid level set and have had them for 4 years now? I fish somewhere around once or twice a month depending on the time of year.

If you are concerned about poor fitting waders make sure you go to a store with a large stock of them that you can try on as companies like Simms have many different sizes which include inseam length, chest, waist, hip girth and foot size..

Just look at this chart to see what I mean:

Skwala seems to be gaining good traction in the industry as well- might give a call to schultz outfitters about them. I saw they had recently added them to the inventory

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I think most of the orvis waders are made by aquaz, you clan probably by the same thing with the aquaz label and save some money.

I use simms g3 and really like them, I’ve used them for 3 or 4 years of moose float hunts and they havnt leaked at all, they are a great product but when I get new ones, I’m going to get the g4 with the zipper.