Flush Cups - Can you still carry over the shoulder?

All the ones that came with hunting stocks that I have or free rotating and they irritate me, so I don't use them. Some day when boredom has won over other boredom, I will swap them out for rotation limited.

Yes, you can carry over the shoulder. In my opinion, in carries better than traditional stud locations.

I'm right handed. I like the forward cup on the left side of the forend and the rear on the right side of the butt. It works great with a bino harness being carried across my chest while having a pack on. It carries on my shoulder as well with a pack on as the traditional location in my experience. Added advantage, if you remove the sling you don't have things poking out from the stock to snag.

@SDHNTR traditional sling studs and the rifle at ones side as the gods intended is uglier than a lobsterback in Boston and for cosplaying larper premadonnas who think they are going to war with the Iroquois. 😁

Yes, you can carry over the shoulder. In my opinion, in carries better than traditional stud locations.

I'm right handed. I like the forward cup on the left side of the forend and the rear on the right side of the butt. It works great with a bino harness being carried across my chest while having a pack on. It carries on my shoulder as well with a pack on as the traditional location in my experience. Added advantage, if you remove the sling you don't have things poking out from the stock to snag.

@SDHNTR traditional sling studs and the rifle at ones side as the gods intended is uglier than a lobsterback in Boston and for cosplaying larper premadonnas who think they are going to war with the Iroquois. 😁
Ha. Not bad.

No issues with a pack. That said out west I normally use a gun bearer now.

I only use slings certain times, for the most part I want my gun in my hands.
This is actually the best solution. I rarely ever use slings anymore. Stone Glacier quick release for me. Slings are for Fudds, 😂!

You guys don't use your sling to shoot?
I do on some of my OG rifles. Which is another strike against flush cups for me. I wear a backpack, so to sling it over the top of the pack means the sling is now too big to make hasty.

Back