Flush Cup Install

rugerhoyt

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all,

Needing some help. I have a Horizon Vandal C in 22CM that is dang near perfect. Took it out chasing coyotes this weekend and I need a remedy real quick. With my other bolt guns/AR-15 I run the magpul sling in flush cups on the stock so the rifle hangs in front of me, barrel down to my left. This gun is so light, with the harris bipod and suppressor on it is very top heavy and shoulder carrying it is nearly impossible. So 2 things...

Is it possible to self install flush cups into carbon fiber? Would also be okay with looking at a new stock (gun is blacked out, looks tacticool but doesn't fit in the coyote woods) can anyone recommend a stock that would fit a "Horizon Stiller" action?

Thank you!

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I put QD cups on the left side for carry like you mentioned, across the body muzzle to the left/down.

I use a brad tip drill bit with the points that cut on the outside so the carbon fiber doesn’t fray or chip. Use a drill press for best results. 1/2” bit then a little enlarging/fitting so the cups fit, and cut back the foam if needed so there is room for a little epoxy.

waspocrew

WKR
I would imagine this is another 700 clone, so any stock for a 700 SA should work. I'm a fan of the Manners LRH. You can probably find them with the flush cups installed already.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I would imagine this is another 700 clone, so any stock for a 700 SA should work. I'm a fan of the Manners LRH. You can probably find them with the flush cups installed already.
Yes, Stillers are Rem 700 clones.

SloppyJ

WKR
I imagine that if by chance it does fray out a bit, you could find some sort of rounded metal trim piece to cover it up and epoxy those in too.

I'd like to see your results. I think the Brad style drill bits are the ticket. I also wonder how a fostner bit would work?