Floorless Tent Problems

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
Ok, I’d really like to hear some of y’all’s thoughts on ideas on how to keep your sleeping pad from sliding off your tyvek ground cloth every night.

I used my tut for the first time in fairly steep country so finding a spot to pitch it for two guys wasn’t easy…. We used our packs some nights to put in between us or at our feet the direction they were sliding…. Any pro tips here??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antares

WKR
I carry a 3/4 length RidgeRest pad as a sitting pad. At night I put it under my inflatable sleeping pad for extra R-value, to protect my inflatable pad, and to keep me from sliding around.

You could also brush on a silicone/mineral spirit solution to your pad or ground cloth to give it some grip.

The Guide

WKR
Ok, I’d really like to hear some of y’all’s thoughts on ideas on how to keep your sleeping pad from sliding off your tyvek ground cloth every night.

I used my tut for the first time in fairly steep country so finding a spot to pitch it for two guys wasn’t easy…. We used our packs some nights to put in between us or at our feet the direction they were sliding…. Any pro tips here??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you soften or deslick the ground sheet by washing it? You can add silicone lines for grip. There is a lot of information on the internet about using Tyvek for camping.

Jay