Float Dragging, Alaskan Style

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great photos Steve! Nothing more beautiful than fall in AK, you really captured the essence of it with these pics. I can almost smell the crisp air...

is it just me or does anyone else want to go on a trip with stid just for the camp food!?

great pics again man

He's an awesome guy to hike, hunt and camp with for a multitude of reasons! But his camp cooking is hard to beat :)

Great photos as usual Steve.
I've completed two moose hunts in AK with my friend. One was a river hunt on the Nushagak with Jet boats and the other was a fly in drop off hunt outside Tok. The second hunt we had an Artic Oven tent as well. I still havent tried a float hunt but want to.
Thanks for posting the pictures.

Disco14

Lil-Rokslider
Wow - great pictures. Thank you for sharing - took me away from my desk for a few moments!

Daniel_M

WKR
Glad to have you back in the big AK, brother. That was a killer trip. Laid back, stress free. Well, if you don't count the flight out. Yikes!

Steve and I both like to cook. He has many years on me of fine backcountry cuisine but I think I kept it legit.

Backstrap skillets...Win.

OP
Stid2677

Stid2677

WKR
Yes Sir Mr Dan,, you can for sure cook up some fine camp chow. Sure was nice running with partners that can cook as good as you and Miss Becca.

bmart2622

WKR
Hey Stid, how do you like the oar saddles? Im heading up there to do a float next year and the frame one of our rafts is sketchy at best. They look like they are perfect for fly in trips. Any complaints or cons about them?

OP
Stid2677

Stid2677

WKR
Hey Stid, how do you like the oar saddles? Im heading up there to do a float next year and the frame one of our rafts is sketchy at best. They look like they are perfect for fly in trips. Any complaints or cons about them?

I have been very happy with them, only issue I have and I believe the new ones fixes it, is that my oar pins develops a squeak and needs lubed a couple times each trips to stop them from squeaking every stroke. Mine use a brass pin, but I think the new ones use a bearing.