Fleece Lined Crocs or Regular Crocs

JMarbs

FNG
I’m packing in camp shoes this year. Walmart has regular and fleece lined ones. My thoughts, fleece lined ones would be warmer, more comfortable without socks, and keep more dust out,but not breath as well. Regular ones would be lighter, breath better, but colder and may require dsome cod for comfort.

Long story short, I think I prefer the fleece lined ones, but is the breathability worth it for the unlined ones?

Anything else I’m missing?

jzeblaz

Lil-Rokslider
What Johnny said. I packed the fleece ones in last week and almost immediately regretted it. They picked up a ton of debris inside on the fleece. My hunting partner had the regular ones and they were better and lighter too. I had to try it, but I think I'll get a regular pair for packing.

For what it's worth, I was in the mountains of CA at around 7k' in August with very mild temps. Your mileage may vary.

Whitty

FNG
Agree, go with plain. Light and can use to wade streams if need be or just walk into one to wash up.

11boo

WKR
lol, good one.

Unlined. I had the cheapo WM lined ones. The lining sucked, and came loose in short order. It would pull out every time you took them off. 8 bucks, didn’t expect much.

I am now in the genuine croc master race, unlined of course. Worth the coin over the WM ones. My dignity is intact. My feet will love sliding into these things at the end of a long day.

Plain for the field. Great for a stream crossing if needed. Wear socks for warmth.

get some pepper spray to fend off all the ladies.

I have both. The regular are the way to go. The fleece lined are great but as others have said pick up a lot of debris and are no good in wet weather. If the fleece lined crocs get wet they are a bitch to dry out.

The regular crocs with a good pair of socks are good and usually warm enough for lounging around camp. If your feet get wet you just change your socks. They are also good if you need to make a stream crossing and want to keep your boots dry.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord