Fishing Drone

That ain't fishing, I agree 100 % photography, inspections of bridges, exploring, teaching, research.. a lot of applications but that ain't fishing

charvey9

WKR
I don't know...

I'm certainly against drones for use in hunting for a combination of fair chase and animal harassment reasons. In hunting, locating or knowing where the animals are going to/from at any given moment is a huge advantage. Drones can be used in places and in scenarios where humans have no access and they are virtually undetectable by game animals. That is certainly unfair.

As far as fishing goes, I don't think this gadget be of any real use to locate fish. Certainly not any more effective than a high-tech fish finder. Fishing is all about presentation, and I don't see how this is going to help anyone actually catch fish. In fact its probably more likely to scare fish away than attract them. You might be able to use it to get in close enough to a spot to determine if there is fish there, like under a log or a bedding area but I don't see a bass coming to drill that goofy looking thing dangling off the front. Maybe if used to get into a cave or something that would otherwise be inaccessible its use could be considered unfair, but it still just as likely to frighten fish away. Of course there are some fish that will just swim around and eat just about anything, but you would catch those anyway by just throwing your hook in the water.

I agree it isn't fishing. Its an entertainment gimmick, but don't really see it as an advantage or a threat to fish.

Plus I really want to see it get eaten by a shark.

My luck sucks so bad that if I used this for fishing either the battery would die while I was using it or if I was using it in the ocean a shark would eat it...

I fail to see why it matters. So somebody thinks they found an edge......good for them. I'm not a drone kinda guy, but who am I to tell the next guy what they can and can't use. Funny how folks like to put down others that they don't agree with, just because its not somethuisomethuing they would do. To each their own.

Hard to see where the line between a fish finder stops and this thing begins. Whether you're looking from near the water's surface with sonar, or from well below the surface with a live image, you're still using technology to figure out where the fish are.

Look at demographic they're catering to. Technology junkies. And beautiful ones at that. Gear junkies are one thing, but this requires not only the submersible unit, but a controller, and look at all the accessories one can buy. Tablet slip overboard while you were pouring yourself another martini? No problem, strap on your virtual reality goggles and get back to searching for Nessie.

I don't think it'll catch any more fish, unless there were a speargun attachment, carbide depth charges or hydrogen peroxide squirters (each sold separately; not legal in all states; results may vary)

Seems like a gimmick to get a group of people who have little desire to get their hands dirty and can't find their way across the street without their smart phone into fishing.

I predict a short life for this product's primary fishing purpose.

A fun toy? Perhaps. A useful tool for underwater inspection? I suspect so. Out of my price range? Definitely!

Last edited: