First traditional kill

Daniel Bybee

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone makes new years resolutions, mine was to make 2015 the year of the stickbow. Opening morning of the 2015 deer and javelina season started with many bucks found and a few blown stalks. I had to go into work for day two but today I was able to get out for a few hours with the wife and my 3 year old. Glassed up a herd of javelina and was able to make good on my goal. 14 yard shot and about a 25 yard recovery. Looks like I'm hooked.

Attachments

• 20150103_103945.jpg
    20150103_103945.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 180

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Simply wonderful! Love seeing families that get out and hunt together. Very cool!

G Posik

WKR
Just remember every trad kill will be a trophy. I still get super excited when I kill anything with my stick bows. Congratulations!!

Glenn

that is amazing and your right you are now hooked. Anything harvested with a compound can be harvested with a good recurve or longbow. One thing I found that I never saw coming was that I am really getting in to all the different exotic woods used in today's long bows and recurves. However this has caused a really bad disease called to many bows. Ha ha Oh well enjoy your harvest and shoot straight my friend.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Daniel,

Awesome. Nothing matches the satisfaction of taking an animal with the stickbow. I just spent 10 days in 36A. Close but no cigar for me.