First Rifle/Scope Purchase for Hunting

RobHazmat89

Lil-Rokslider
Would the 3-9 magnification range be good if i was hoping to shoot max 600 yards? Most things i read said it’d be solid for 400-500. Not looking to take longer shots than 600 but would be nice to stretch it out wt the range
Can definitely shoot out to 600 with a 3-9, but me personally I like a little more magnification for those ranges. I like to at least have 14 power. That's just me though

RobHazmat89

Lil-Rokslider
Buy the 3-9 credo and learn how to shoot out to 400 first. No offense but if this is your first hunting rifle it’s going to take some serious time and training before you should be looking at shooting something at 600 yards.
Animals at 600?Agreed, he shouldn't be shooting. Target shooting at 600? Why not? I can get someone on target at 600 in less than a couple hours.

OP
D
Animals at 600?Agreed, he shouldn't be shooting. Target shooting at 600? Why not? I can get someone on target at 600 in less than a couple hours.
Yeah was thinking more in the longterm with the scope, bowhunting is still what I’d like to be doing so definitely love the stalking portion and will try and get and close as possible. But would like to increase my range at the shooting range, just to my confidence.