First Lite Brimmed Beanie

Ben

WKR
After more than a year of waiting I finally decided to get one of the first lite brimmed beanies. Very disappointed. The beanie doesn't cover my ears, very tight fitting, and the brim leaves an indent in my forehead.

Anyone else have this problem? Any one able to stretch theirs? Could anyone suggest a different brimmed beanie? I really want to make it work... After all, I did spend $40 on it.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I don't think the beanie is supposed to go over your ears, it's a beanie........not a hat. I have the unbrimmed one and wear it under my baseball cap when I need it.

OP
B

Ben

WKR
The beanie is designed to cover your ears and to roll up off your ears when not needed.

There's a video on elk101 with the First Lite 'smell us now lady' mustache dude giving a demonstration on how to use it.

Anyone else have this issue? I know it's one-size-fits all but maybe I got one from a small batch?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doubt they cover more than half the ear on anybody unless they stretched it. Fyi most of my beanies have a slightly longer but still short fit

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
I have just the opposite experience; I found it to be larger than I thought it would be, plenty of extra material, doesn’t fit close to the top of my head, and more than enough to go over the ears. I am a medium sized hat wearer with a clean shaved head. Thinking I might dry this instead of hanging it to dry to shrink it up a bit.

mmw194287

WKR
Mine does not even come close to pulling over my ears--it barely touches the top of my ears. Granted, I have a giant head and long hair, but I was pretty disappointed. It barely stays on my head if I'm moving around.

Can I ask what size hat your wear Ben? I've wanted a brimmed beanie for a while also. But the mixed review have certainly given me pause. Some love them, others hate them. Not like there are too many floating around on the shelves to walk into a store and try on.

dotman

WKR
Mine covers my ears at first but like most beanies with any movement it slowly uncovers the ears. I really like it though.

I was wondering if there is a way to make is smaller, as mine is huge on me. I cover my ears and most of my face if I pull it down snug.

OP
B

Ben

WKR
Hey Jesse. I wear a 7 3/8 hat mostly. If I had to put a S/M/L size on the FL one-size-fits-all beanie, I would say small.

Last edited:
OP
B

Ben

WKR
Ben , what color is it and do you want to sell it ?

It is ASAT and I might sell it.

I'm going to try and find the receipt and see if I can just return it for a full refund first... I kind of want to bring this issue up as I really want a brimmed beanie.

OP
B

Ben

WKR
Hey Jesse. I wear a 7 3/8 hat mostly. If I had to put a S/M/L size on the FL one-size-fits-all beanie, I would saw a small.

What size hat do you wear?

It would be nice to confirm head sizes and beanie fit with a few people. Hopefully this could save some folks some time in the future.

Steeliedrew

Lil-Rokslider
I wear a 7-5/8" fitted hat. I too feel like the first lite beanie is a bit small, but I'm able to stretch it down to wear it almost covers my ears. I'm ok with the fit but wish the bill would hold a bend better. I can flex the bill where I want it and within minutes it's flat brimmed again.

Side note....since we're on the subject of big heads and hat fitment, I got the Kuiu Icon Cap this year and even though it's one size fits all it's a very shallow hat and doesn't fit me well unless I sweat in it a bunch but once the sweat dries it shrinks right back up. I'd love it if someone made a decent hunting hat tailored to large headed folks. At 7-5/8" I require some serious girth and depth in a hat! I had the wife slip on the icon cap and she swims in that thing! Haha