First Lite 2019 Products

I’m curious if anyone has insight into what their 2019 releases are going to look like? I saw Steve Rinella in a recent meat eater YouTube video wearing a FL down hoody that definitely wasn’t the chamberlain...personally I’m really hoping for a down vest and down pants as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbehredt

WKR
I’m curious if anyone has insight into what their 2019 releases are going to look like? I saw Steve Rinella in a recent meat eater YouTube video wearing a FL down hoody that definitely wasn’t the chamberlain...personally I’m really hoping for a down vest and down pants as well!

Saw that video..... talking about pant layers in a top secret jacket. How dare he!

OP
thegoosano
I thought the same thing lol. And dang I meant to post this in the general discussion...oh well I guess I’ll leave it here for now.

OP
thegoosano
For everyone’s reference...
4cf173400a8b0a4599b1c4a76f109e3b.jpg

Rodéo

WKR
Do they normally preview the new products at the various shows? Im going to sheep show in Reno this year (my first time attending a sportsmans show of any kind) and FL will be there. Does anybody have any experience seeing new Fl products at sheep show, sci, etc?

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
They usually have them at the Dallas safari club convention. I feel like they were released right before it last year. It’s coming up in 2 weeks.

OP
thegoosano
They usually have them at the Dallas safari club convention. I feel like they were released right before it last year. It’s coming up in 2 weeks.

I have some friends headed to the DSC convention I’ll definitely be making them go check the booth out! Thanks for the info.

I went to place an order last week, and was told to wait until the Western Hunt Expo to see a new piece that might be better for what I was wanting to accomplish. Take that with a grain of salt.

I think this is the thread that has some potential new pieces in it https://www.rokslide.com/forums/clothing/108287-box-lite-review.html?highlight=first+lite+sawtooth

What was the piece that you were looking at replacing and they told you to wait for the new version? Just curious.

tdhanses

WKR
Last year Ryan and Tanya did a video series on the new 2018 items, was either shot show or sheep show. I would assume they would do it again this year.

Really digging the looks of that new jacket. Doesn’t seem to be too bulky.

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
I believe Sheep Show will be the first time you see the new pieces. They will be slowing releasing them as they did last year. If you listen to the Wired to Hunt podcast from back in December, they talk about some of the new pieces, Woodbury replacements, etc.

If I was First Lite, I would probably rethink my product release strategy. Assuming they do what they have done in years past, essentially release their gear to the few individuals that attend western hunting shows, they are encouraging a lot of business to go elsewhere. They are basically letting private individuals create youtube videos showcasing products before they do their release videos. If I was Sitka I would send some people in, create a video, and trash the gear during the video. Why are you letting others control your product releases? Why do staggered releases?
At least tell your customer base when you are going to release information. Absolutely no credible information available. If I recall, Mark Kenyon stated that the product information would be released in January. It's 3:30 pm CST January 31 as I post this and nothing has been announced. First Lite owes me nothing and of course I don't have to buy anything from them. I'm absolutely perplexed why a business would go out of its way to keep its customers from knowing what they're going to be asking them to buy.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I am going down there in April to do a video on the new products. @robby denning has also been testing there new products since last hunting season.

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/big-box-of-first-lite-review.108287/

@GoldenTriangle I have new products from several companies including First Lite. I have some from Sitka that will not be out till 2020. They use me for testing and feedback. Some have embargos, some do not. I don't think any company is giving samples to people they don't trust. As for release dates, I think FL will get it figured out. Changing to a new business model will have challenges.

Last edited:

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
That was one of the more ridiculous posts I’ve read on the internet.

That was one of the more ridiculous posts I’ve read on the internet.

If you’re referring to my post, you need to read more posts on the internet.

For clarification, I’m not referring to field testers. I’m talking about how I’m going to first find out about First Lites new product from whatever person with a camera phone strolls by their booth at some show and posts it to social media. That isn’t a good approach for direct to consumer product that consumers can’t interact with. FL should release their own video simultaneously with the reveal (maybe they will), control the narrative and tell their employees to stop being coy with customers about release dates that come and go. I guess Sitka and Nomad are the beneficiaries.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
If you’re referring to my post, you need to read more posts on the internet.

For clarification, I’m not referring to field testers. I’m talking about how I’m going to first find out about First Lites new product from whatever person with a camera phone strolls by their booth at some show and posts it to social media. That isn’t a good approach for direct to consumer product that consumers can’t interact with. FL should release their own video simultaneously with the reveal (maybe they will), control the narrative and tell their employees to stop being coy with customers about release dates that come and go. I guess Sitka and Nomad are the beneficiaries.

I guess I missed interpreted what you were saying. I agree having anyone video your product could lead to issues.

@SlimWhitman if that was directed at me, stick around I’m here all week.

Last edited: