First Light Boxer- Review

Tookeymonster

Lil-Rokslider
They are Awesome!!!

I'm a nobody so I get nothing for this review. Just want to help other hunters out there looking for a great product.

Fit: I was worried about the fit as I have a small waist for the size of my legs, too many squats and leg workouts I guess. (I am 36" waist but have to normally buy 38" waist cloths for them to fit my legs and the XL's are perfect fit).

Smell: Their is none.... I went and worked out hard and sweat a bunch. Normally my Under Armor boxers will stink very bad after the same workout.

Dryness: As stated above I was dripping wet, but dry in my boxers. They wick great and dry fast!

Thermal/breathability: They were warm when I first put them on. Not sure how they work but as my body temp went up my boys stayed cool ;). They are very breathable

I was scared of the price and worried if they would be worth it. They are worth every penny! This was the first First Light product I have purchased and will now purchase much more.

Goober

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed. Not sure I will be replacing my cotton underbritches for everyday wear, they are pretty expensice. But for outdoors/hunting.....they are worth it to me!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have to agree the First Lite boxer are Schweet! Out of all the brands of merino, First lite is the most comfortable to me.

OP
Tookeymonster

Tookeymonster

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed. Not sure I will be replacing my cotton underbritches for everyday wear, they are pretty expensice. But for outdoors/hunting.....they are worth it to me!

For everyday use the Under Armer ones are great for $20. But after a workout will stink, so not good for hinting as the First light

littlebuf

Banned
I've tried three times now to buy a pair of these online and something always goes wrong.guess I'm just not meant to have them

chas

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried the Ex Officio brand of underwear? Good or bad comments?

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wore the RedRam boxers for 6 days in Nevada this year, absolutely no smell and fit was great. I also wore the First Lite for 5 days and the results were the same. It is tough to beat merino wool from a quality company.

GrantMan

Lil-Rokslider

I like the Ex Officio undies. It works good for me but I find myself favoring the merino stuff more. The merino is a little softer but I have no problem wearing the Ex Officio's.

bbrown

WKR
I have UA, Ex Officio and the First Lite. By far my favorite for longer hunting trips are the FL. The Ex Officio are my go to most of the summer backpacking and scouting trips. The UA are comfortable but smell like b@lls in no time...

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member

I have several pairs of the womens version that I got when we first started pack rafting, since I figured out quick that cotton underwear doesn't dry once it gets wet, regardless of your gender. Well made, and dries quickly, but since it's synthetic, once it starts to stink, it stinks forever. Even after washing in creeks in the field, and in the washing machine at home, these will continue to hold smell. I have since picked up several pairs of merino, and have never worn my ex officio ones again.

Vandal 44

WKR
I bought the First Lite boxers this year, like many people I was afraid of the price but pulled the trigger and I am glad I did. These are the best boxers I have ever had.

I just got back from a 5 day bivy hunt, They are very comfortable, they don't bunch up, they hold their shape (no stretching). They don't make me feel clammy like UA boxer briefs, and they don't smell at all.

The temps where in the lower 80's and averaged about 8 miles a day looking for elk with no luck.

If your on the fence about about these boxers buy one pair and give them a try, well worth the money. I will be buying 2 more this week

Icebreaker merino boxers are very good. I wore two pair for 14 days stone sheep hunting and stink was minimal.