First Hunt- Arizona White Mountain Apache Rez

INshooter

FNG
Well, after years of contemplating and setbacks I’ve finally taken the leap and booked my first western hunt. Going with Tom David out of NM. Read quite a few good things and a few negatives but understand not everyone can be happy. Seems the average is ranging in the 6’10” - 7’2” range. That being said I’ve got a year to get a gear list ready and checked off/purchased. Any recommendations? Haven’t decided on bow/rifle yet.

There are some big bears on that reservation!! I don't know Tom David personally but from what I have heard he is a good hunter.What time of year is your hunt? Spring usually produced the biggest bears for me when I hunted on that reservation. Caught several 20 inch bears. Good luck on your hunt!!

OP
I

INshooter

FNG
There are some big bears on that reservation!! I don't know Tom David personally but from what I have heard he is a good hunter.What time of year is your hunt? Spring usually produced the biggest bears for me when I hunted on that reservation. Caught several 20 inch bears. Good luck on your hunt!!
My hunt will be the last week of June, not sure how that correlates with temps. But when I spoke with Tom on the phone he mentioned this was during there “rut”. He sent some photos of bears taken the previous week and they are gorgeous. 13 of 17 so far had been over 7’.

Honyock

WKR
I hunted with him in August of 2021. A friend killed a 7'2" on the first night. My brother got a 6'6" the third night and I got a 7'2" the third night. There is a lot of bears there. Hardest thing is sizing them since he doesn't want anything under 6'6" killed.