First Brown Bear

After living in Alaska for most of the last 14 years i was finally able to kill my first brown bear! I've baited for years and have only been able to get it done on black bears. I never dreamed my first brownie would be spot and stalk on a beach but that's exactly how it went down! My wife and some new friends were safely behind me at about 100-120 yards as i made my way into this bear. I got between her and a seal she wanted, got a range of 20 yards, then waited for a broadside shot. As soon as she got broadside, I drew and stood at the same time, settled my pin, and put the arrow through both lungs out the other side. 15 yards later she piled up! To make things better it was all captured on a video! This was the last morning at pretty much the last hour as we flew home that evening. I am beyond excited!Brown Bear.jpg

Blind Squirrel

Lil-Rokslider
Very nice. There’s an app called screen grabber that allows you to make clear photos out of videos. Just fyi. If you decide to upload the video to YouTube, link it here.

AME

FNG
After living in Alaska for most of the last 14 years i was finally able to kill my first brown bear! I've baited for years and have only been able to get it done on black bears. I never dreamed my first brownie would be spot and stalk on a beach but that's exactly how it went down! My wife and some new friends were safely behind me at about 100-120 yards as i made my way into this bear. I got between her and a seal she wanted, got a range of 20 yards, then waited for a broadside shot. As soon as she got broadside, I drew and stood at the same time, settled my pin, and put the arrow through both lungs out the other side. 15 yards later she piled up! To make things better it was all captured on a video! This was the last morning at pretty much the last hour as we flew home that evening. I am beyond excited!View attachment 737126
Nice. You won't forget that story soon.

Wow! 20 yds from a live wild Brown Bear with a bow! I'd read years ago that Fred Beat had stopped a cape buffalo charge with a bow, living in nothing but guts!