Firearms in Canadian National Parks (Banff, Kluane)

SonnyDay

WKR
Hey Roksliders:

My son and I are traveling through Canada on the way to Alaska where he will start school in the fall. He has a .22 rimfire rifle, and a 12 ga shotgun with him. Both are in soft cases with trigger guards, and are unloaded. From my understanding, these are unrestricted firearms.

At the border, they told him he can't bring them into Banff National Park. We also have camping reservations for Kluane...

From my research, we are allowed to transport unrestricted firearms through the park as long as they stay unleaded, in a vehicle, and in a case.

See:
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-81-401/page-1.html#h-871108

Anyone have any information to the contrary or other useful info?

Thanks!

medvedyt

WKR
you re right. unless ask by a warden or leo never mention you have a firearm the antis may call the police on you ...

soft case may not meet the criteria they want ... add a trigger lock just in case.

look up here:

article 20

then that one:

for kluane that is the same and the main reason we are not visiting those parks.

kluane park is one the place where they have the densiest population of grizzly and they have to close very often due to grizzly activities.

id just keep my mouth shut and have it stashed away out of sight. we were just in the canadian rockies a month ago what an incredible place