Finishing a bedding job

Halligan

FNG
Hi All,
Newcomer here and hope you are all doing well, have a minor question in regard to action bedding that I'd like some community opinion about.

I have a 1970's era M70 in 30-06 that I snagged for a song a couple years back, and after issues with POI shift from moisture getting in the stock, had the stock refinished and glass bedding done. For context, the rifle was sort of a safe queen for the original owner, and in its original state (no free float), was hammering consistent 0.8" groups with factory SST and Fusion loads, so some investment was definitely worth it.

Anywho, had a local smith do the refinish and bedding, for which I requested a full bedding job (front/rear) and the stock refinish w/ butt pad, simple right? Well, this turned into a bit of an odyssey getting him to finish it (first time he called for pick up, he forgot to add the butt pad), and after 3x the quoted timeline I finally got the rifle back. Thankfully, first groups were great, some new ammo tested averaging 0,7" across multiple groups (yes, 3-shots alone aren't statistically significant) . While this was great, it was when I pulled the action to install a trigger spring that I found this (insert insult) had done a completely different bedding style without my consult, bedding only the front lug. He had shown me that he had bedded the length of the fore end, doing the taped barrel method for the free float, but no mention of not doing the rear.

Thus, my question, while the gun shoots, would it be prudent to bed the tang as well or just let it ride? Would just do it myself this time. I am of the mind if it isn't broken don't fix it, but given I'd like to drop a Trijicon on this for crop destruction/heading out west, I wonder if the increased stability would be worth it for peace of mind.