Finally built my dream rifle. Custom 7PRC.

Bigolmuley

Lil-Rokslider
So sweet! Mine is being built now. No big hurry as my can is in jail.
Let us know how it shoots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Fever Buck
Looks nice. How does it shoot?
Only got to shoot about 20 rounds through it and got it zeroed and still breaking in the barrel. Seems to shoot sub MOA but I will try to get some exact numbers and some photos either this week or next.

OP
Fever Buck
Beautiful!! 7prc probably be my next rifle
I was pleasantly surprised by the soft recoil. I’d only shot a .308 prior so it was nice to not have my teeth rattled but still have really good stopping power. Just need to see how the critters handle it now.

TEWONG

FNG
Looks great man. Specs? I do kinda wish I’d gone with the ATACR 4-16 over the Mark 5. Guess I’ll find out if mine is reliable or not.
Looks great man. Specs? I do kinda wish I’d gone with the ATACR 4-16 over the Mark 5. Guess I’ll find out if mine is reliable or not.
I had a Mk5 prior to getting the ATACR. Struggled with RTZ and sent it down the road. Was bummed because I really like the specs on the Mk5. So far, the ATACR has been 100% repeatable. Downside is she's heavy. My rifle build is 9lbs 5oz w/ ATACR, so kinda portly...

Pretty vanilla build:
Defiance Anti-X 7PRC
Proof 20" (chambered by Sterling Precision)
XLR Element 4 magnesium chassis
Trigger Tech Diamond Pro Curve
Nightforce ATACR 4-16 F1
Hawkins Precision Rings (medium height)
Banish 30 suppressor

Regards,
Todd

OP
Fever Buck
I had a Mk5 prior to getting the ATACR. Struggled with RTZ and sent it down the road. Was bummed because I really like the specs on the Mk5. So far, the ATACR has been 100% repeatable. Downside is she's heavy. My rifle build is 9lbs 5oz w/ ATACR, so kinda portly...

Pretty vanilla build:
Defiance Anti-X 7PRC
Proof 20" (chambered by Sterling Precision)
XLR Element 4 magnesium chassis
Trigger Tech Diamond Pro Curve
Nightforce ATACR 4-16 F1
Hawkins Precision Rings (medium height)
Banish 30 suppressor

Regards,
Todd
That’s an awesome build list. Almost went with the Anti-X but decided to go a tad cheaper with the Anti instead. Thinking about ordering the ATACR this week and seeking the Mark 5. It’s only 4oz heavier which I’m willing to deal with. Could easily lose that in my gut to make up the difference. 😳

How does your rig shoot?

I was pleasantly surprised by the soft recoil. I’d only shot a .308 prior so it was nice to not have my teeth rattled but still have really good stopping power. Just need to see how the critters handle it now.
How much more was the recoil than a 308?

OP
Fever Buck
How much more was the recoil than a 308?
Hard to quantify, sorry. I’m shooting it suppressed and I’d say it’s similar. I’m definitely a recoil sissy and shooting the 7PRC doesn’t bother me at all. I’d almost say shooting it suppressed is similar to shooting my 7lb 308 without a brake or anything to mitigate recoil. The recoil impulse is definitely less sharp with the suppressor so I think that really helps how it feels to me. Not sure if I’d feel different shooting it bare bones.