Finally built my dream rifle. Custom 7PRC.

DSC_1016.jpeg

Custom 7PRC built by Black Canyon Customs. Fritz was kind enough to take some photos of the build before I picked it up in Denver.
XLR Magnesium Element 4.0 w/ Ergo Grip, Folder, and Carbon Stock
Defiance anTi Action
Proof Sendero 22”
Triggertech Special Flat 3.5lb
Hawkins Precision Ultralight Tactical Rings
Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18 FFP
Thunderbeast Brake
Thunderbeast Ultra 7/9

Weighs in at 9lbs unloaded.
Weighs in at 10lbs with 5 rounds fully loaded w/ Ultra 9.

Initial thoughts:

The chassis and other components feel great and well built. Fritz at Black Canyon Customs was great to work with and I would definitely recommend him.

This rifle will be used for elk and mule deer and I wanted one do it all rifle, so I’m hoping this will fit the bill. I spent several years researching what I wanted and was really struggling between the 6.5PRC and 300PRC, so when Hornady announced the 7PRC I jumped on it immediately. Please feel free to ask me any questions.

Going to try and get to a 100 yard range this coming week to zero and break in the Proof barrel. Will post groupings later on.

OP
Fever Buck
Veeerrryy similiar to my build.

Defiance Anti-X
Element 4.0
International 24" carbon barrel
Triggertech special

Just havent nailed down optics and rings yet.
Yep. I did a bunch of research and ended up on the Mark 5HD. Seemed be hard to beat for for the quality and weight. If it ends up being unreliable I’ll swap it for a NF.

WKR

WKR
What was the total build cost?
Just commissioned a similar 7prc build of my own and curious how much your came out to be

OP
Fever Buck
What was the total build cost?
Just commissioned a similar 7prc build of my own and curious how much your came out to be
I actually purchased all the components myself and was able to get pretty solid deals on most of it through Black Friday sales. I just paid Black Canyon to put it together for me and spin/chamber the barrel to 7PRC

XLR Chassis/bag rider/5 round mag - $1087
Proof Sendero 7mm blank - $780
Defiance anTi- $1320
Mark 5HD - $1400ish?
Triggertech - $209
Hawkins Rings - $148
Gunsmith - $650ish?
Total excluding suppressor/brake: $5.5k roughly

Without the Black Friday deals it would’ve probably have been at least $1k more for the build.

OP
Fever Buck
I actually purchased all the components myself and was able to get pretty solid deals on most of it through Black Friday sales. I just paid Black Canyon to put it together for me and spin/chamber the barrel to 7PRC

XLR Chassis/bag rider/5 round mag - $1087
Proof Sendero 7mm blank - $780
Defiance anTi- $1320
Mark 5HD - $1400ish?
Triggertech - $209
Hawkins Rings - $148
Gunsmith - $650ish?
Total excluding suppressor/brake: $5.5k roughly

Without the Black Friday deals it would’ve probably have been at least $1k more for the build.
Also, I think if you are trying to be $ conscious I think it’s a good idea to see if you can work with a custom builder that will allow you to source the parts. I think that can really help drive the cost down.

View attachment 557763

Custom 7PRC built by Black Canyon Customs. Fritz was kind enough to take some photos of the build before I picked it up in Denver.
XLR Magnesium Element 4.0 w/ Ergo Grip, Folder, and Carbon Stock
Defiance anTi Action
Proof Sendero 22”
Triggertech Special Flat 3.5lb
Hawkins Precision Ultralight Tactical Rings
Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18 FFP
Thunderbeast Brake
Thunderbeast Ultra 7/9

Weighs in at 9lbs unloaded.
Weighs in at 10lbs with 5 rounds fully loaded w/ Ultra 9.

Initial thoughts:

The chassis and other components feel great and well built. Fritz at Black Canyon Customs was great to work with and I would definitely recommend him.

This rifle will be used for elk and mule deer and I wanted one do it all rifle, so I’m hoping this will fit the bill. I spent several years researching what I wanted and was really struggling between the 6.5PRC and 300PRC, so when Hornady announced the 7PRC I jumped on it immediately. Please feel free to ask me any questions.

Going to try and get to a 100 yard range this coming week to zero and break in the Proof barrel. Will post groupings later on.
So sweet man congrats! I went with a semi custom 7prc and absolutely love mine!