Fierce firearms

Interesting. I have had the opposite experience.

I have both a CA and a Fierce. The CA had ejection issues and I had to send the gun back twice to get it resolved. Cases still end up holding in the chamber if I work the bolt fast, and their response was that it was the turret on the scope knocking it back in. The reality is that it is a shitty design, as the ejection angle is such that you can’t use a scope with turrets and not have this issue. To me, this is a major liability with the rifle that is inherent in the design.

Fast forward to Fierce… I have a MTN Reaper and broke the hinge of the folding stock on a hunt this spring. When I called Fierce, I went directly to sales, not repairs, not returns, or warranty nonsense…. Go to sales and talk to a person. He (Cody) helped me resolve the issue. He asked to send him a few pictures of the issue. I sent them and in less than 5 minutes he emailed me and said he knew what part I needed. They sent me the part under warranty at no charge. I had it in less than a week, swapped out the part, and all is well.

I know there is a lot of bad experiences with customer service, and it seems no matter where you go, someone has a bad experience. In the Fierce / CA saga, I have actually had quicker and more effective resolution from Fierce customer service than from CA. So much so that I probably will never buy another CA gun.

Now in terms of robustness of the Mtn Reaper, a folding chassis is a liability on a hunting rifle. Buying it was my fault and I know better. The simple fact is that a folding stock does not enhance lethality or survivability and introduces an unnecessary failure point. That one is all on me for making a poor purchasing decision. However, in my case, once I got a hold of a person on the phone, the customer service I received from Fierce was efficient and effective.

My advice would be… call sales and talk to a person. Ask them if they can help you with the issue you are having. I even offered to pay for the part and they said no, they’ll cover it.

This is my experienced based perspective for what it might be worth. I certainly hope you have better customer service experiences going forward.

Cody ghosted me twice. I'm still waiting for a response from him after more than a year.

Fierce is trash. Period.

TJ427

FNG
I am looking for a nice Left handed 7mm PRC also... These interactions with Fierce makes it difficult to consider their LH rifles... Unfortunately, other than $5K custom rifles options are very limited, at least that I have found so far with local dealers. Scheels is a Fierce dealer and just down the street so maybe that would help?

I am looking for a nice Left handed 7mm PRC also... These interactions with Fierce makes it difficult to consider their LH rifles... Unfortunately, other than $5K custom rifles options are very limited, at least that I have found so far with local dealers. Scheels is a Fierce dealer and just down the street so maybe that would help?

WHEN (not if) you have an issue with a farce, the retailer will only be able to help with shipping. Once you purchase the firearm, the warranty is handled by the manufacturer, not the store.

When Cody ghosted me (the first time), Cabelas went ahead and shipped the rifle to farce for me. They did a bunch of work and sent it back to Cabelas (never communicating with me). That’s as much as you could expect from Scheels. In the end you’re stuck with a shit rifle from a shit company.

I would buy a stainless steel left hand tikka 300WM and have a gunsmith chamber a new custom barrel for you. Easy peezy. Under $2k for a rifle that is higher quality than most customs.

mdtennant

WKR

100% agree that dealers like Cabalas / Scheels don't offer you much of an advantage when things go wrong [at least that has been my experience]. You can get them to ship stuff, but that is about it.

There are LH, 7PRC options out there [e.g. x-bolt], but might not be exactly what you are looking for. The Tikka option swavescatter mentioned is definitely worth consideration and what I plan to do in a different chambering.

Lefjab10

FNG
Really... he was super responsive for me. I couldn't tell you why there is a difference here.
I had a similar experience. The only negative experience I've had is when I ordered the rifle and it took much longer than promised. As in approximately 7-8 months but in fairness to all parties it was just as businesses were reopening from the pandemic and Fierce claimed they had some supply chain issues. Aside from that, the rifle shoots great and when I've had questions they have been responsive. I initially dealt with Shandon and then Cody.