Fierce Firearms Disaster

What a surprise, 3 Utah entities teamed up for the $ and free stuff. That’s why the rifles will continue to sell. Backfire proved his Utard credentials when he made a video saying lottery tags are a scam and government is overreaching by putting limits on weapons and seasons..

You guys made it through an hour+ of that podcast?
Not too difficult to connect those dots. I'd have at least a shred of respect for backfire if he'd acknowledge a degree of connection there. We all have buddies; we get it. Instead, he tries to pass it off as if the fierce rifles are just that much above anything else.

I still laugh heartily that his main reason for not recommending Tikkas is that their barrels aren't threaded. 1 - It doesn't matter to many of us. 2 - It's quick and cheap to have a barrel threaded.

Last edited:

nobody

WKR
Here's to hoping it's a cleanmi

Not too difficult to connect those dots. I'd have at least a shred of respect for backfire if he'd acknowledge a degree of connection there. We all have buddies; we get it. Instead, he tries to pass it off as if the fierce rifles are just that much above anything else.

I still laugh heartily that his main reason for not recommending Tikkas is that their barrels aren't threaded. 1 - It doesn't matter to many of us. 2 - It's a quick and cheap to have a barrel threaded.
He’s nauseating anymore. I typically will click on his videos when he posts one just to see what he says, lately his stuff is super click bait-y and obnoxious. I typically get through about the first minute and a half before I just have to turn his stuff off. When the pandemic first hit and he started his channel he was a breath of fresh air, now he’s just like every other YouTuber.

Funny tidbit, one of his only semi-recent videos I’ve made it through he talks about how fantastic his Leupold VX3HD is and how it’s the greatest hunting scope ever invented. Then in the next sentence he talks about how it’s only weakness is he fights a… drumroll please… WANDERING ZERO. He says he re-zeroes it often but other than that it’s great. 🙄

He’s every stereotypical fudd writer and video maker all wrapped up into one. It’s a shame, because he started off strong when he first started the channel and refused sponsors. Things have changed, it’s a bummer.

Idamuley

FNG
I have a friend who bought a fierce and it seemed to be a good system until the stock cracked one day. He sent it to them to have it fixed and they said that it happens a lot ( the stock cracking on their rifles) they told him he would have to buy a new stock and they weren’t going to warranty the old one or anything. Needless to say he sold the gun and doesn’t own anything fierce anymore. Sad deal because they are pricey guns.

He’s nauseating anymore. I typically will click on his videos when he posts one just to see what he says, lately his stuff is super click bait-y and obnoxious. I typically get through about the first minute and a half before I just have to turn his stuff off. When the pandemic first hit and he started his channel he was a breath of fresh air, now he’s just like every other YouTuber.

Funny tidbit, one of his only semi-recent videos I’ve made it through he talks about how fantastic his Leupold VX3HD is and how it’s the greatest hunting scope ever invented. Then in the next sentence he talks about how it’s only weakness is he fights a… drumroll please… WANDERING ZERO. He says he re-zeroes it often but other than that it’s great. 🙄

He’s every stereotypical fudd writer and video maker all wrapped up into one. It’s a shame, because he started off strong when he first started the channel and refused sponsors. Things have changed, it’s a bummer.
Yes, seems he likes being a shill for Leupold.

Years back I had some correspondence with him. I shared my experiences with a number of Leupolds and passed along that his scope testing would be a bigger service to prospective buyers if it were more in depth than just range reports. Never heard back.

T-Dozzer

FNG
No opinion on owner, customer service was ok. Few minor hiccups.
Ordered a 22" CT Rival & had them do load testing & custom turret. Its easily my best shooting rifle. I am shooting MOA or close to it at 800yds.

Has there is been any recent improvement to Fierce QC/CS since. It sounds like OP ordered these a few years back if I am not mistaken.

Really like the new Rival with 20" 6.5 PCR with adjustable comb but after reading this very hesitant.

From what I've heard, their customers service hasn't gotten any better. I ended up canceling my order because everything I've read here and heard from others, as well as the red flags I got during the ordering process. I went with the Springfield Armory 2020 Waypoint.

I am now considering Seekins Element but came across B14 Crest which would be significantly cheaper but never handled one before (considering they are fairly new) so not sure how they perform.

OP
david2duck
I am now considering Seekins Element but came across B14 Crest which would be significantly cheaper but never handled one before (considering they are fairly new) so not sure how they perform.
You won’t be disappointed with a Seekins. We have more than a few and they are great guns. Their customer service is phenomenal.

SDHNTR

WKR
I was just at my local range and a guy had a Seekins and a brand new Fierce rival. He shot lights out with the Seekins. The Fierce wouldn’t chamber either type of factory ammo he had. Well one would chamber with considerable force, I told him not to fire it or risk locking it up. And both types of ammo would not feed out of the magazine. Dude was super pissed.

I was just at my local range and a guy had a Seekins and a brand new Fierce rival. He shot lights out with the Seekins. The Fierce wouldn’t chamber either type of factory ammo he had. Well one would chamber with considerable force, I told him not to fire it or risk locking it up. And both types of ammo would not feed out of the magazine. Dude was super pissed.
I'd be ticked off if I bought a Savage Axis and it didn't feed correctly.

Sled

WKR
I'd be ticked off if I bought a Savage Axis and it didn't feed correctly.

you're in the minority. businesses expect people to not notice or care about this stuff. i'm amazed at the stuff they expect us to let slide. they expect that because most don't know any better or are willing to give up and pass the mistakes down the line instead of expecting the mfg to fix it.

Thanks to this thread Fierce is no longer in consideration. Narrowed down to Seekins Element or go Custom build with Alamo Precision (local to me). They are not in the exact same price range but wordering if spending a little more is worth getting a custom rifle.

Rooggvc

WKR
I stopped into their showroom the other day and handled a few of their guns. I really was not impressed with any of their actions. They didn't seem smooth at all, and 2 of the 3 wanted to bind up. They were nothing compared to any Tikkas I have picked up and handled.

I stopped into their showroom the other day and handled a few of their guns. I really was not impressed with any of their actions. They didn't seem smooth at all, and 2 of the 3 wanted to bind up. They were nothing compared to any Tikkas I have picked up and handled.
Thanks for heads up I plan to stop by there this week.

you're in the minority. businesses expect people to not notice or care about this stuff. i'm amazed at the stuff they expect us to let slide. they expect that because most don't know any better or are willing to give up and pass the mistakes down the line instead of expecting the mfg to fix it.
Due the fact that most people are least sight their guns in, I'd bet the majority of rifle users would know if their rig is at least functional at a basilar level.

Through the years I've owned around 60 + rifles. Probably 1/3 were/are levers. Some single shots and a break action in there, too, but at least half are/were bolts. Had mostly 700's, but also a number of A-X Bolt Browning's, Savages, MkV's, Howas, Tikkas, M70s, Sakos, Ruger 77s, Kimbers and a couple I'm likely missing. All but a couple were mass production rifles representing most portions of the quality and cost scale.

FWIW, other than tuning mag lips here and there, I only recall one, a Kimber, that didn't feed as it was supposed to. The Kimber was a real bear to pull a fired cartridge from; didn't matter if it was factory or hand load. Sent it back 2 times but they got it right.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Due the fact that most people are least sight their guns in, I'd bet the majority of rifle users would know if their rig is at least functional at a basilar level.

Being that the vast majority of people feed one round at a time into the chamber when they zero or shoot them, never using the magazine, no- most have no idea how their rifle functions.

Being that the vast majority of people feed one round at a time into the chamber when they zero or shoot them, never using the magazine, no- most have no idea how their rifle functions.
Good point. I've heard accounts of feeding problems in the field and of full mags dropping from rigs due to recoil, which certainly supports your statement.

I have a 300 yd sight in range right near my house, and I usually do longer range shooting on NF ground, so I don't often see the process, if any, that many use to test the functionality of their shooting equipment.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Good point. I've heard accounts of feeding problems in the field and of full mags dropping from rigs due to recoil, which certainly supports your statement.

I have a 300 yd sight in range right near my house, and I usually do longer range shooting on NF ground, so I don't often see the process, if any, that many use to test the functionality of their shooting equipment.

Yep. It’s pretty wild.