Field experience NL Pure 8x32 vs 8x42?

NL Pure 8x32 or 8x42

• Total voters
Looking for field experience/feedback on these two nocs.

I have never looked through either or any other 8x for that matter.
Research, some have stated very little difference dawn/dusk. 2) some have stated the 42 will have a more pleasant viewing experience over the 32 due to larger EP.

Seems the 32, being lighter, more compact, minimal dawn/dusk performance difference, may be the better choice. However, the 42 may be easier on the eye for longer glassing sessions which seems very appealing for my style of hunting.

Please educate me.

OP
Mule3006Elk
Having looked through both. I like the 8x42 as it’s better for longer sessions and less eye fatigue.
That is my thought as well.

The decreased price of the 32 is also a bonus BUT the increased EP on the 42 for long glassing sessions may be well worth the increased weight and price. With time my eyes will age and anything that contributes to less strain is golden.

if I were into birding I would go 8x32 no questions.

I'm mostly leaning 8x42 but I am more than open to other perspectives .

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
No experience with the 32s but I love my 42s. Just buy the 42s and be done.

I got the 8s but at times wish I would have went with the 10s. The field of view on the 10s is so wide, I am not sure that the 8s are needed.

OP
Mule3006Elk
No experience with the 32s but I love my 42s. Just buy the 42s and be done.

I got the 8s but at times wish I would have went with the 10s. The field of view on the 10s is so wide, I am not sure that the 8s are needed.
Good feedback. Still leaning 42 for my purposes. Spoke with Doug at Cameraland so I know the price point. Working on a gear dump in optics classified to help fund the purchase.

Mule deer: my plan is 8x for general glassing. I have NL Pure 12x for more detailed work.
Elk: might do just fine with an 8x nothing else.

I have a Swaro spotter but I won't bring all 3. When my son tags along he packs the spotter. :)

arrow179

WKR
Absolutely love my NL 8x42’s. They pop up in the classifieds from time to time. You won’t be disappointed! Had always carried Zeiss 10x42’s for last 5-6 years. Big upgrade and I don’t miss the 10x

OP
Mule3006Elk
Absolutely love my NL 8x42’s. They pop up in the classifieds from time to time. You won’t be disappointed! Had always carried Zeiss 10x42’s for last 5-6 years. Big upgrade and I don’t miss the 10x
Love it!

depends what ur doing. sitting in a box blind gimme the 42. turkey or bow hunting i'd much rather the smaller 32. 42s r a bit heavier i didn't see a drastic difference btw the 2 when comparing the views.

full disclosure: i have the Swaro SLC 8x54 low-light monsters so i don't need a 42 for stationary viewing......