FHF Gear Bino Harness and Razco Holster Review, By Matt Cashell

NDGuy

WKR
Took me awhile, my FHF should be here today I am excited to try it out.

I just ordered the large. I really like the AGC KISS but there bigger harnesses look bulky. The FHF looks more low profile and I like the thought of the holster or bear spray attachment. We will see.

NDGuy

WKR
I cannot believe how much lower profile and how much higher this rides over the AGC, truly night and day difference

I will be keeping my FHF excited to use it this fall!

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
My FHF will be delivered today. Wish I saw the one with the holster option a tad earlier.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
The only thing about the Razco that kinda stinks over the Kenai is you can only use it if you have your harness. Not sure how I feel about that.

I cannot believe how much lower profile and how much higher this rides over the AGC, truly night and day difference

I will be keeping my FHF excited to use it this fall!

Good to hear. That is what I was hoping. Mine shipped today.

NDGuy

WKR
Good to hear. That is what I was hoping. Mine shipped today.
You'll like it, not bulky at all. I am debating between the normal chest holster vs the one that slides onto the bottom of the FHF.

Rob5589

WKR
Does anyone notice any significant debris/dirt getting into the case or on the lenses?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone notice any significant debris/dirt getting into the case or on the lenses?

When used as designed, coverage is great, and nothing gets in.

When I leave the flap open and tucked back, I occasionally get some debris in there while moving through cover. It is pretty easy to see and clean out.

I keep an eye on it and have never scratched any lenses in the harness.

Got my large harness today. It is definitely a snug fit for my Geovids but a good fit. I am happy with it.

rcook10

WKR
I too found the FHF to be one of the best damn harness on the market. I have a large and it has worked well with every 10x42 I have owned. In general i have found that upsizing is better as you don't have to tug at your binos if the fit is snug. very secure, very protective. great product. It also works well as a quick and dirty flyfishing rig too.

Awesome review - thank you Matt for posting.
I thought I'd mention this in case it helps anyone get additional use out of their FHF harness - I use OnX Hunt maps and Google maps pretty regularly when hunting new terrain, both are apps that drain the battery quickly. I slid a 6700 Mah USB battery pack into one side of the harness, and keep my phone on Low Power Mode. That usually extends the life to a few days on backpack hunts. (Tip: keep an extra 1' charging cable handy - the cables tend to break, making the battery pack useless). Thank you again Matt for the great review.

Attachments

• FHF 1.jpg
    FHF 1.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 42
  • FHF2.jpg
    FHF2.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 42
I was just looking at their site today and came to the forum to get some opinions and saw this thread. Do you know which size fits the newer Geovids best?

The site says the medium fits 7.1” and the Geovids are 7”. Wondering if it’s better to size up?

Also consider that most manufacturers specs dont account for total height with the eyecups fully extened. I used a medium fhf for my 12x razors and had to adjust the tension in the front band so I could keep the eyecups extended. Otherwise I hate twisting them out everytime i want to look at something.

Awesome review - thank you Matt for posting.
I thought I'd mention this in case it helps anyone get additional use out of their FHF harness - I use OnX Hunt maps and Google maps pretty regularly when hunting new terrain, both are apps that drain the battery quickly. I slid a 6700 Mah USB battery pack into one side of the harness, and keep my phone on Low Power Mode. That usually extends the life to a few days on backpack hunts. (Tip: keep an extra 1' charging cable handy - the cables tend to break, making the battery pack useless). Thank you again Matt for the great review.

Thank you. Born of necessity. Ive been looking for a solution to this issue and you solved it for me.

NDGuy

WKR
I ended up getting both the FHF and the Razco holster. Really enjoy both of them so far and can't wait to try them out this year.

Dazzler

WKR
How does this fit with 8x32 size binos? looking for my first harness and wondering if they will be held tight within the pack.