Female Grizzly Bear #399 Killed

cnelk

WKR
Not at all trying to be argumentative but please help me to understand what is “ good “ about this.
If you lived in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem you would realize that the number of grizzlies is way out of balance. I saw grizzly tracks in 2 different locations yesterday, and I would bet lunch that I could find a set of tracks within a mile of my cabin today. They are being managed by emotion, not biology, and a hunt to control their numbers isn't likely, and won't happen if the Dems retain control after the election.

Any time one of these predators meets its fate, I won't be shedding a tear.

j_volt

WKR
This grizzly dying didn’t change much of anything in the overall population of grizzlies in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. However, THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of people are seeing this story (many hearing about this “famous” bear for the first time), and feeling bad that this bear was killed. If anything, this story further cements the disconnect between a sustainable management plan for grizzly bears and the general public’s understanding of grizzly bears. The comments on the social media posts are inundated with legitimate mourning, sadness, and passion to help grizzlies thrive.

This grizzly dying didn’t change much of anything in the overall population of grizzlies in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. However, THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of people are seeing this story (many hearing about this “famous” bear for the first time), and feeling bad that this bear was killed. If anything, this story further cements the disconnect between a sustainable management plan for grizzly bears and the general public’s understanding of grizzly bears. The comments on the social media posts are inundated with legitimate mourning, sadness, and passion to help grizzlies thrive.
Exactly; management by emotion. If an elderly lady was killed in the same manner it wouldn't even make the news.

mntnguide

WKR
399 is the definition of whats wrong in this area and why we dont have a season to manage a growing population of grizzlies. People fall in love with a damn bear cause it gets a name. The photographers who chase these bears all year to make money, are the reason she was habituated to roads, and are the reason she died. Kind of ironic, the same anti-hunting people who hate us, are the ones who got her killed with years of habituation. I for one, am more the happy to see her gone.