Featherweight Scope Rings - Hawkins Precision New Product

OP
HawkinsPrecision

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Thank you, but this is what concerns me :

And

Interesting. From what I heard and read on multiple places throughout the www was not so much a desire for a “lighter, simpler Hybrid”, but just a zero cant Hybrid. I understand you can’t please everybody, but I personally just wanted the same tried and true design. Didn’t want anything new. I like proven. Guess I’ll have to give these a while to see how they shake out.
We don't offer the hybrids in 1", which are the smaller and lighter scopes mentioned.

We have a house 300 RUM on a factory R700 with #6 screws and no recoil pins that we have done the lion's share of the product testing of these rings on. With a Leupold VX6HD.

SDHNTR

WKR
We don't offer the hybrids in 1", which are the smaller and lighter scopes mentioned.

We have a house 300 RUM on a factory R700 with #6 screws and no recoil pins that we have done the lion's share of the product testing of these rings on. With a Leupold VX6HD.
Ok good to know. Thanks. So then the 30mm version of these is essentially the same as the Hybrids, without the level and 0 cant? Same material? Same size, shape and dimensions?

Last edited:
OP
HawkinsPrecision

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Ok good to know. Thanks. So then the 30mm version of these is essentially the same as the Hybrids, without the level and 0 cant? Same material? Same size, shape and dimensions?
They are dimensionally slightly smaller than the Hybrids. They are made from the same materials as the hybrids.

OP
HawkinsPrecision

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
ETA for these on Tikkas? Any chance of a bubble level variation being made available as well?
We are working to release new versions of the Featherweights in early 2024.

No plans at this time to have level caps on these. That's a feature on the Long Range Hybrids though. Which are available for Tikka rifles.

Motown

WKR
We are working to release new versions of the Featherweights in early 2024.

No plans at this time to have level caps on these. That's a feature on the Long Range Hybrids though. Which are available for Tikka rifles.
By “new versions” do you mean that the Tikka rings will not be available until 2024?

BAKPAKR

WKR

@HawkinsPrecision, Could you post a profile photo of the Featherweight rings on your factory long action R700 as well as the minimum scope mounting length? I have a 3-9 Trijicon Accupoint in Talley extended rings and there is not a lot of room to play with. Thanks.

Marshfly

WKR
@HawkinsPrecision, Could you post a profile photo of the Featherweight rings on your factory long action R700 as well as the minimum scope mounting length? I have a 3-9 Trijicon Accupoint in Talley extended rings and there is not a lot of room to play with. Thanks.
I have those rings on my Rem 700 LA mounted "in." The distance between the rings is 4 3/16". The distance outside to outside is 5 3/8".

Attachments

• IMG_4667.jpeg
    IMG_4667.jpeg
    636.6 KB · Views: 65

Marshfly

WKR
I like what I'm looking at there Marsh. What are the rifle particulars?

Dave
Here you go Dave. Working on a rebuild this winter actually.

ljalberta

WKR
If Barrett ever fires up the Fieldcraft production again, I’d love to see these as an option.

Love my Fieldcraft, but hate the current mounting options on the market.