Featherweight Scope Rings - Hawkins Precision New Product

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey all, we have a new product alert - The Featherweight Scope Ring

Featherweight scope rings are Hawkins Precision’s answer to the call for a premium, lightweight direct scope mounting solution that won’t break the bank. With a feature set that cuts weight and prioritizes simplicity & reliability, these are everything you need and nothing you don't. Designed for your mountain light hunting rifle.

Currently available for Remington 700 and Savage 110 / Stiller pattern actions in 1-inch and 30mm diameters in Low / Medium / High heights.
They include recoil pins for actions that have an accommodation for them. As well as #6 and #8 screws.

Upcoming variations include: Defiance, Tikka, Weatherby Vangaurd, Winchester, Cooper Rifles, and Browning X-Bolt.

We've been running them on our ultra light rifles and loving them. Including a link the informational page below.
https://hawkinsprecision.com/featherweight-scope-rings/

Attachments

• FW-Hunt-2-SM.jpg
    FW-Hunt-2-SM.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 263
  • FW-Hunt-3-SM.jpg
    FW-Hunt-3-SM.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 255

BBob

WKR
Including a link the informational page below.
That link goes to Facebook. I think this is what you meant to link.

picatinny?
They offer picatinny but that’s not what they are showing in this post.

SDHNTR

WKR
Hey all, we have a new product alert - The Featherweight Scope Ring

Featherweight scope rings are Hawkins Precision’s answer to the call for a premium, lightweight direct scope mounting solution that won’t break the bank. With a feature set that cuts weight and prioritizes simplicity & reliability, these are everything you need and nothing you don't. Designed for your mountain light hunting rifle.

Currently available for Remington 700 and Savage 110 / Stiller pattern actions in 1-inch and 30mm diameters in Low / Medium / High heights.
They include recoil pins for actions that have an accommodation for them. As well as #6 and #8 screws.

Upcoming variations include: Defiance, Tikka, Weatherby Vangaurd, Winchester, Cooper Rifles, and Browning X-Bolt.

We've been running them on our ultra light rifles and loving them. Including a link the informational page below.
https://hawkinsprecision.com/featherweight-scope-rings/
Two sets of questions, please, if I may:

1. How do these differ in construction and strength from your Hybrid rings? Are they less robust? Less hold? Less strength? Curious why you changed the design altogether, instead of just making zero cant Hybrids?

2. How do they compare to Talley lightweights? Seems this concept already existed. How are they different? More material around the screw holes so less prone to cracking? Stronger/better material? Are they truly round? Less stress when clamped? Any need or reason to lap them?

Thanks.

OP
HawkinsPrecision

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Two sets of questions, please, if I may:

1. How do these differ in construction and strength from your Hybrid rings? Are they less robust? Less hold? Less strength? Curious why you changed the design altogether, instead of just making zero cant Hybrids?

2. How do they compare to Talley lightweights? Seems this concept already existed. How are they different? More material around the screw holes so less prone to cracking? Stronger/better material? Are they truly round? Less stress when clamped? Any need or reason to lap them?

Thanks.

1. They don't differ from the hybrids in regards to how they are machined. There is no reduction in how robust they are, but they are a smaller ring made for smaller, lighter scopes. We made these rings in response to a lighter, simple hybrid. Also removing the cant and level reduces the cycle times on the machines, which allows us to hit a price point these types of rings exist at in the marketplace.

2. They compare well. Talley makes a good ring as well. Their rings are made from extruded aluminum. Ours are fully machined and thus do not need to be lapped. If you're having a rifle induced alignment issue you can elect to lap them though.

SDHNTR

WKR
1. They don't differ from the hybrids in regards to how they are machined. There is no reduction in how robust they are, but they are a smaller ring made for smaller, lighter scopes. We made these rings in response to a lighter, simple hybrid. Also removing the cant and level reduces the cycle times on the machines, which allows us to hit a price point these types of rings exist at in the marketplace.

2. They compare well. Talley makes a good ring as well. Their rings are made from extruded aluminum. Ours are fully machined and thus do not need to be lapped. If you're having a rifle induced alignment issue you can elect to lap them though.
Thank you, but this is what concerns me :
they are a smaller ring made for smaller, lighter scopes.
And

We made these rings in response to a lighter, simple hybrid.

Interesting. From what I heard and read on multiple places throughout the www was not so much a desire for a “lighter, simpler Hybrid”, but just a zero cant Hybrid. I understand you can’t please everybody, but I personally just wanted the same tried and true design. Didn’t want anything new. I like proven. Guess I’ll have to give these a while to see how they shake out.

Last edited:
Thank you, but this is what concerns me :

And

Interesting. From what I heard and read on multiple places throughout the www was not so much a desire for a “lighter, simpler Hybrid”, but just a zero cant Hybrid. I personally just wanted the same tried and true design. Didn’t want anything new. I like proven. Guess I’ll have to give these a while to see how they shake out.
They still sell the long range Hybrids if durability is a concern for you