Favorite Solid Color for Hunting

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
Very simple topic, but I thought it would be fun. For those of you like me who hunt often in solid colors do you have a favorite solid color you think works better than others? What are your favorite solid colors you gravitate to for hunting? What is your reasoning? Is it the terrain where you hunt, what looks good to your eye, what you think your prey will be least likely to see, etc?

For me:

#1. Coyote Tan/Brown. It works great in so many different environments from deserts to fields to forests and mountains and looks bad ass.
coyote_tan-3.gif

#2. A medium grey / slate grey. Blends in well in a lot of environments, especially ones with rocks or trees. Not too light not too dark. Makes me feel like a ghost.
SG.tif.rendition.SG_1248.jpg

#3. Olive Drab. Depending on who you ask there's a lot of different shades of what people consider Olive Drab. I included images to illustrate what I'm talking about .Mostly I just like the look of it, but honestly I think it blends in really well with any green environments, especially evergreen thickets. Neutral enough that I don't really think you'd get a second look from a deer even if there isn't a lot of green in the terrain.
US_Army_Olive_Drab_MMP-026_grande.jpg

Honestly, between these 3 colors its hard to go wrong.

Rpolar

FNG
For the mtns I like grays but if it’s a busy mountain with a lot of hunters on it i’ll throw on some blaze orange. My buddy used to wear bright white coveralls when dall sheep hunting, he had great success doing that and usually got very close to the sheep.

For me it's grey or OD. Black or tan/khaki are a no go for me. When rifle is in season, like others I compliment with blaze orange.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I like khaki/tan and grey. Khaki if I'll be near field edges, tall grasses or creeks and grey when I plan to be more in the timber or shadows.

croben

Lil-Rokslider
I mostly use green and grey. SG’s coyote has started to grow on me recently though.

Nick992

Lil-Rokslider
If I'm going solid colors, it's because I'll wear them more than just hunting, and I'm a khaki guy. I don't think the color really matters for hiding from animals.

Typically a version of tan or grey on my legs but that is mostly due to what I already have in-use (have spare Kuiu Kutanas in Ash, Gunmetal, and Loden).

Based upon my personal experience and observations, almost all environments have some amount of greys, greens, and browns so any subdued color is typically just fine. Hell lots of videos of hunters killing animals dressed like clowns, Santa, etc.

OP
Windrunner17

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
For the mtns I like grays but if it’s a busy mountain with a lot of hunters on it i’ll throw on some blaze orange. My buddy used to wear bright white coveralls when dall sheep hunting, he had great success doing that and usually got very close to the sheep.
Is the concept that they though he was another sheep?

OP
Windrunner17

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
I go with olive drab for an all season color but I love hunting fresh snow in all white.
That's funny. I hunt a lot of snow here in NW PA and I don't have a single white piece of clothing I wear hunting. I do wear a light grey wool sweater most of the late season though. I think it blends well with the snowy landscape.