Favorite mid price Range Finder?

tysonmax

FNG
I've been using a Bushnell Prime 1800 for the last year. I haven't had any problems so far. My only complaint is that it feels a bit cheap in the hand.

nobody

WKR
Currently running a Vortex Viper HD 3000, it actually replaced a poorly performing Kahles (Swarovski) that retails for roughly double the viper. Dad has the Razor 4000, and my brother and cousin in law have the diamondback 2000. We’ve been impressed with them all, and they’re all $500 and under. Plus they’re the only ones (other than maven) who will also warranty electronics for life, everyone else is less than 3 years that I’m aware of. Vortex’s new stuff is designed by a former Leica designer and engineer who they poached, so their new stuff is vastly different than their former “ranger” models.

I used sig before, and they were great until it got really cold, then I had issues with greatly reduced ranging capabilities.

BrentH

WKR
I’m still using a Vortex Ranger 1800. Bought an Sig 2200 a year or two ago with the intention of switching based on all the hype. Ended up returning the Sig because half the time it wouldn’t power on.

eric1115

WKR
Need more info. How do you figure your corrections? Do you want a ballistic solver in the RF? Or do you just want range?

Question on who makes the laser emitters for most rangefinders out there? I would bet Vortex doesn't make theirs, nor does Leupold, Sig, Maven etc.

For the last 8 years, I have used the Sig kilo and now the Sig kilo 5k. They work great and have decent glass, their scan feature if as quick as I have seen. I used to use Leica CRF's and they are optically better but the scan is slower and they do terrible on dark objects.

OP
H

haeffnkr

Lil-Rokslider
Need more info. How do you figure your corrections? Do you want a ballistic solver in the RF? Or do you just want range?
Range is I ever thought about... most of my shots are less than 450... but even between 300 and 450 my bullets drop fast. This year I had 2 misses because my old Bushnell wouldn't range the deer and I guessed a bit short and went low on 2.