• Pronghorn

• Bear

• Bison

• Mt Lion

• OTHER

Results are only viewable after voting.

blksno

FNG
I'm heading out for Pronghorn in SD for the first time in about 8-10 years. It's easily my favorite big game meat but the family unit here in SD doesn't support a lot of antelope, and the ones that actually turn up...don't usually show up till the antelope season is long past.

This season it's going to be Sept 28 - Oct 13 I believe...but it's rare for antelope to start showing up till November.

Whitetail is what I hunt so what I have access to. I had some mule deer and elk once. Neither impressed me but I wouldn't condem either based on one experience. Could have been the cook or many things.
I would love to try moose or bear sometime.

OP
blksno

blksno

FNG
Whitetail is what I hunt so what I have access to. I had some mule deer and elk once. Neither impressed me but I wouldn't condem either based on one experience. Could have been the cook or many things.
I would love to try moose or bear sometime.
The moose I had was such a unique taste. Like nothing I could even compare to.
Sweet tasting.

I hunt bear, deer, and turkey. Turkey is our favorite. I haven’t had enough of anything else to know much about it. Hoping for a moose and elk hunt in the next few years.

elkguide

WKR
Having eaten all of your list except mountain lion, the cook definitely matters.

Elk stands out as the best all-around table fare for me.

OP
blksno

blksno

FNG
Having eaten all of your list except mountain lion, the cook definitely matters.

Elk stands out as the best all-around table fare for me.
I've had mountain elk and thought it was terrible..but prairie elk are amazing.