Favorite Fletching Glue?

bisblue

WKR
I've been using Loctite Ultra Gel and buying 6 packs. I like the glue, but I make a ton of arrows for kids, friends, me.. and it's not the cheapest. I like the 2 minute dry time on the bitz.

I just bought this B-7000 and like the applicator a lot and the price, but it takes a long time to dry and I'm not sure the quality is there.

What are folks favorite glues for fletching?

Compress_20230706_145112_2896.jpg

mgmicky

Lil-Rokslider
I use Duco on wood and aluminum. After I built a couple dozen, I read that Duco doesn’t work well on aluminum. Haven’t lost any feathers yet but I guess time will tell

TX_Diver

WKR
Do you guys find the wraps make a big difference?

I got some 3 rivers wraps and have more arrows coming off partially then I have in the last year w/ bohning wraps...

I've been using fletch tite w/ feathers and AAE max w/ trad vanes. Think I'm going to slowly switch everything to trad vanes though as they are quieter and seem to fly just as well for me.

Do you guys find the wraps make a big difference?

I got some 3 rivers wraps and have more arrows coming off partially then I have in the last year w/ bohning wraps...

I've been using fletch tite w/ feathers and AAE max w/ trad vanes. Think I'm going to slowly switch everything to trad vanes though as they are quieter and seem to fly just as well for me.
If using wraps, I find that super glues (cyanocrylates) work best. The glue actually melts into the wrap a bit. I never lose feathers off the wrap, the entire wrap will come off with the feather on hard impacts.

TX_Diver

WKR
If using wraps, I find that super glues (cyanocrylates) work best. The glue actually melts into the wrap a bit. I never lose feathers off the wrap, the entire wrap will come off with the feather on hard impacts.

On the first batch I fletched up a year ago I tried a few different glues (including gorilla glue) and wrote on the wrap which glue I used. I'll go back and see if any of those had issues or if it's all just the fletch tite.

Thanks!

On the first batch I fletched up a year ago I tried a few different glues (including gorilla glue) and wrote on the wrap which glue I used. I'll go back and see if any of those had issues or if it's all just the fletch tite.

Thanks!
The only times i have issues its operator error and don't have good shaft to feather contact. Also, with superglue, less is more. You don't need a ton and to much can cause it not to cure quick enough.

Was over at Three rivers archery . In the arrow making glue/tape tab there is a "glue compatibility " chart that might be helpful to what adhesives work well with what .

OP
bisblue

bisblue

WKR
I ordered some sheets of vinyl and started cutting my own wraps, it's so much cheaper. I've always used super glue on them.

Sapcut

WKR
Super Glue GEL...only gel. It is super cheap at Dollar Tree, super nonmessy, super at drying super quick in like super two minutes and super at holding feathers to shaft. Super glue get is like Lacrosse Grange rubber boots and O J Simpson......there are no other options.

Super Glue GEL...only gel. It is super cheap at Dollar Tree, super nonmessy, super at drying super quick in like super two minutes and super at holding feathers to shaft. Super glue get is like Lacrosse Grange rubber boots and O J Simpson......there are no other options.
I found cheap super glue gel at Walmart, 4 pack was like 3-4 bucks, not the loctite brand. Works great on trad vanes and feathers!

Fletch tite is awesome but I hate waiting a day for it to dry. Super glue I leave the arrow in the mini max jig for 1 min and they need pliers to pull them off. Fletch tite is like 5-6 mins per arrow.

Kentucky

WKR
Goat tuff, I get mine from ethics archery… 2 of small bottles gets me through the couple dozen I fletch each year…

Randonee

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
Loctite 406. Works great and sound dry out after it’s open. It’s fairly runny so use just a few dabs and then spread it with the speciation tip.

Fire power

Lil-Rokslider
Over 60 years making arrows. Had a shop/lanes from 1964 thru 82 & almost all in shop arrows sold. I still build arrows for myself & 8 family members (wood, Aluminum & Carbon) + feathers and various vanes. Still use Fletch-tite. Platinum Plus now & never any problems. Thousands of arrows. Just finished a Dz Aluminums & starting on a Dz Carbons. I have never shot an arrow made the 1st day but have on the 2nd day.
arrowcarbon.jpgjojan.jpgarrows2019.jpgarrows2.jpg

Reddish

Lil-Rokslider
G5 Blu Glu was the most durable stuff I used. Takes a bit to dry, but holds really well. Did some testing with different glues, fletched and then used pliers to pull off feathers, G5 had the best bond on carbon shafts. 10yrs of using it in the field and it has proven to hold up great.

For kids arrows I use Gorilla Gel. Holds up pretty well and cheaper than G5. They usually lose arrows before the feathers come off.