Favorite Boot?

nubbin

FNG
I have a pair of Cabelas brand Meindl lite hunters i believe. Bought them in 2017 and have put a bunch of miles on them hunting whitetail, Turkey, mule deer, and elk. They’re starting to lose ankle support, or my ankles are getting weaker. They’re still comfortable and waterproof though. I also bought a pair of Salewa alp mates last spring before going to Colorado with the family. Those boots weigh next to nothing and are stiff enough to handle the steep ridges here in Arkansas, my only complaint is that they didn’t stay waterproof long. They keep feet dry on creek crossings, but wet grass or a soaking rain will seep through.

Schnee Timberline or if you want a slightly stiffer sole the Beartooth. I have them both and love them! I also run sheepfeet insoles in both. They are good without the sheepfeet but great with them!

Been a long time Solomon quest guy. Been trying to find a better boot for a while. Hanwags just don’t fit me right, way too narrow in the toe box. Got some Lowa Camino Evos a while back and really like them. Fit good right out the gate. Super sturdy, good lacing system and just the right height. Just ordered a second pair, midwayusa has them on sale for $160

timberbuck

Lil-Rokslider
I've been through a journey myself looking for the perfect hunting boot for everything besides super cold late season hunts. I have a pretty normal volume foot with medium to high arches, standard width. Salomon Quest models are great but not multi season durable and not waterproof for very long, Same can be said for something like a Merrill moab mid GTX but the plus side is they work out of the box and do not need aftermarket insoles. Not a bad investment if you get them on sale. I have a pair of Crispi Nevada non insulated and had to experiment finding a better insole with more cushion and arch support, in factory form the bottom of my feet would be burning after only 3 miles in (yes, they are broken in) same goes for my late season Crispi Wild Rock.. I have them dialed in now with the addition of Superfeet hike and hike extra cushion model insoles. The Nevadas are durable, stiff and very waterproof with good ankle support but also heavy. I searched for a lighter slightly less stiff boot with a softer midsole with increased durability over the Salomon Quest, yet still retaining good ankle support. I believe I have found it in the Zamberlan Baltoro Lite. Bonus no aftermarket insoles were needed as the boot has built in arch support and comes with great cushion insoles like the Salomons. The Baltoro uses Zamberlans backpacking last that really hugs the heel. They are awesome so far. Will have to see on the long term durability but I don't expect them to last as long as an all leather boot and that is an acceptable trade off for me.