Family trip to the Oregon coast, Suggestions?

Gobbler36

WKR
Hey all
I am taking my family over to Netarts Bay/ Tillamook area, i have 3 boys ages 10,8,7. We are hoping to do some crabbing and clamming, maybe some fishing, and taking in some cool sights and activities. Do any of you have any suggestions on different things to do or places to see. We have a few things picked out but wondering if anyone form around that area has the inside scoop on the place?

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
  • As mentioned, rent a boat, or throw crab rings from the dock at Kelly's.
  • Tillamook Creamery
  • Garibaldi Charters for bottom fishing. They also throw out crab pots that you pick up on the way back. They typically have good availability.
  • Tunnel Beach at Ocenaside - nice beach
  • Bayocean Pennisula Park -- nice beach
  • Pacific City -- nice beach -- awesome sand dune that will wear those boys out.

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely Tillamook ice cream and cheese factory. Fun place for the kids, great ice cream treats, and cheese samples. Be sure to check hours.

There's some local butcher shops in Tillamook to check out. Tillamook Meats is home to the butcher that won the Hx channel's "The Butcher" competition. He makes some good brats and sausage.

...And what chiselhead listed. My wife and I had a lot of fun the area visiting the different beaches.

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
I would suggest a charter boat for bottomfish out of Garibaldi or go south to Depoe Bay as they have very good charter boat fishing for lingcod and rockfish.

TxxAgg

WKR
Paddleback beer was great!!!

Tillamook was a lot of fun also.

The drive up and down the coast is beautiful. Don't forget Goonies (Haystack) rock. IMG_4304.jpegAttachment.jpegIMG_4298.jpegIMG_4300.jpeg

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Book a whale watching trip with Carrie Newell of the Wale, Sea Life and Sharks Museum in Depoe Bay. The kids would also like the sea lion caves just north of Florence.

mlob1one

WKR
Oswald West State Park is where I learned to surf as a kid. Great little hike to a beach that is hemmed in on both sides with tidepools to explore. Awesome place for a picnic lunch. I also used to camp there in the summer as a kid for a couple of weeks at a time.

Otis Cafe. It's just eat of Lincoln City 10 minutes and has the best breakfast and lunch on the coast. Their homemade breads & pies can also be bought for you to eat later.

Whiskey creek fish hatchery is also a place I brought my kids to clip fins on salmon fry, but you can take a tour (at least you used to) and check out their operation.

Those are some of the highlights in that area that haven't been touched on.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

AnnualRye

Lil-Rokslider
Save money on Sea Lion Caves and just go to the Newport Bayfront by Clearwater restaurant. All the sea lions you can handle for free. Oh, and Clearwater has excellent food, too.

Cape Falcon is a really neat hike with lots of great views. I prefer to start at the south end of the trail. If you hike out 3-3.5 miles you see most of the great views.

It’s no too far from Tilamook
IMG_6212.jpegIMG_6211.jpegIMG_6210.jpegIMG_6209.jpeg

slvrslngr

WKR
Oswald West State Park is where I learned to surf as a kid. Great little hike to a beach that is hemmed in on both sides with tidepools to explore. Awesome place for a picnic lunch. I also used to camp there in the summer as a kid for a couple of weeks at a time.

Otis Cafe. It's just eat of Lincoln City 10 minutes and has the best breakfast and lunch on the coast. Their homemade breads & pies can also be bought for you to eat later.

Whiskey creek fish hatchery is also a place I brought my kids to clip fins on salmon fry, but you can take a tour (at least you used to) and check out their operation.

Those are some of the highlights in that area that haven't been touched on.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
The Otis Cafe burned down a few years ago. It has relocated to south Lincoln City.

Another suggestion for something fun to do on the coast, go to a glass blowing studio and make a paper weight or glass ball.

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
Short beach north of Oceanside is awesome. Don’t miss this one!

A little drive north to manzanita for great beaches. Short sands beach north of manzanita is a fantastic park and walk off the highway. Walk downhill through rainforest to a secluded quiet beach. Kids will love it.