exo mountain pack

Does anyone in the Denver area happen to have one of these packs? Either the 3500 or 5500. I'd love to see one before placing an order.

I was thinking of getting a Kifaru but the Exo packs piqued my interest since they have more pockets and I'm anal about organization.

I've got a 3500 that should ship any day now. I'm up in longmont but find myself in Denver usually once a week.

twall13

WKR
Fedex says my 3500 in foliage was delivered to my house today! I can't wait to get home from work and check it out. Unfortunately the wife is ready to have a baby any day now so I won't be able to put any really good test trips in for a bit but I'm excited it's finally here. I placed my order on Jan. 22 so it's been a looooong wait. I'm confident it will be worth it but I'll let you know my thoughts after I get a chance to test it out. I understand they are starting to make more progress and the estimated wait time has gone down a bit now that all the new design tweaks are in and packs have been in full production for a bit. When I placed my order I think they were still finalizing some of the 2015 design changes so that slowed things up a bit...

When did you put in your pre-order for your pack Jarrod.

Feels like forever ago. I'm trying to figure it out right now. I ordered it when Rokslide launched their Exo giveaway. Leaving for a bear hunt on the 22nd and I'm dying to get a shipment notice haha

*update: ordered it after Feb 15th so its on the list to ship late May :(

Last edited:
Feels like forever ago. I'm trying to figure it out right now. I ordered it when Rokslide launched their Exo giveaway. Leaving for a bear hunt on the 22nd and I'm dying to get a shipment notice haha

*update: ordered it after Feb 15th so its on the list to ship late May :(

Jarrod,
We'll do our best to get the pack to you in time for the hunt. Should be very close.

Thanks,
Steve

Jarrod,
We'll do our best to get the pack to you in time for the hunt. Should be very close.

Thanks,
Steve

If it doesn't get here in time, I'll just cry a little bit, just a tiny bit, I swear I won't be a blubbering mess :D I realize how swamped you guys are so no worries.

I'm used to being on a wait list this year. I've got an EE quilt that's 4 weeks in and a SO shelter thats 3 weeks in haha, I don't think either of those will be here in time. But I'll be damn set for the summer and fall with all this stuff ;)

mauidiver

WKR
Ok guys, has anyone been able to check the pack on as carry on? Obviously not packed to max, but headed to Maui in December and wondered if anyone has done it. Thanks guys

Chris Sloan

Lil-Rokslider
Trying to get a little more comparison between the 3500 exo and a Duplex frame? Im 5 8 160lbs and want all the help i can get in efficiency out of my pack. I know this the hard way after havin the "good luck " of finding a badlands 4500 on sale for $150 at Shedhorn in Ennis. Being a newbie on my first wstrn hunt, i didnt notice it was the big n tall size( had to overlap the hip belt just to get it tight!). Needless to say after the first 120lb load out, (off my first elk, a 5x5!! ) it took about 3 hrs n half pint of booze until my face returned to its normal color from being beet red! Lol, nothin like learnin the hard way. Needless to say Ive seen some comparison with the bikini pacs....Just curious if i can save a little dough and get comparable performance and comfort as a duplex frame?? Thanks guys!

No comparison with over the counter pack to a high end pack. You name it, i have owned it or tried it. That includes 12 Kifaru packs. I now use an Exo Mountain. The Duplex is just a hauling beast!! The Exo Is the most comfortabke pack i have ever carried. Far more comfortable than the duplex and bikini. Any questions feel free to pm me. Best of luck.

Jim

Last edited:

TBoschma

Lil-Rokslider
Hammer0419,
I agree with you 100% I've owned tons of packs from; Barneys, Badlands, Kuiu, and Eberlestock. Even without Exo already being such an awesome pack I love their principles Steve has always done right by me and that in its self is worth more than I can say.

The way it carries is like nothing else out there. I also love the details of the pack which there are many. I am not a fan of the duffle on a frame type of pack. I love organization and features. Besides the quality of the product and the service are incredible.

Chris Sloan

Lil-Rokslider
Hammer0419 on mobile and cant figure out the pm to ask, but to be specific, would you say the Exo comfort level at 90-120lbs is close or comparable to a duplex? Thanks again!

ElkNut1

WKR
I'm with Hammer here! I know at times we sound like a broken record repeating this but the Exo Pack is simply well designed and amazing in both daypack mode or hauling 100# loads. My son & I have hauled out well over 100 elk on our backs over the years & have used nearly everything under the sun in doing so, nothing has compared to the Exo Pack. Our loads range in the 100# category but have carried a bit over 120# in them, no problems! It's simply the best we've ever used & we can't wait to pick up two new ones for this year. We like the 3500's over the 5500's since most of our Elk & Muley hunting are all day hunts but this pack would do 5 days if you're familiar with packing right!

ElkNut1

Chris, that's gonna be a pretty personal experience/choice. I've got the duplex and tried the EXO. EXO carried no where near as well as my duplex at 100+ pounds. The EXO frame is a great frame but not anywhere near the comfort for me that the Duplex is.