Exo Mountain K4?

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. Unless I saw a few folks saying 'you definitely could fit all that comfortably in a 2200' I was leaning towards the 3600. Bigger is better, right? Or at least usually? My tripod does usually live with its feet in a side pouch and strapped to the side of the pack, but my rain gear definitely isn't the 'packable' sort so feels like 3600 will be a great fit.

Thanks guys. Unless I saw a few folks saying 'you definitely could fit all that comfortably in a 2200' I was leaning towards the 3600. Bigger is better, right? Or at least usually? My tripod does usually live with its feet in a side pouch and strapped to the side of the pack, but my rain gear definitely isn't the 'packable' sort so feels like 3600 will be a great fit.
2200 would be borderline, regardless...

Potential Oregon K4 buyer. Would want space for water bladder, rain gear, spotter and tripod, kill kit, lunch, and maybe a puffy. And would prefer to not have to use add-on pouches or strap rain gear to the outside. Think that spells 2200 or 3600?
You won’t regret getting the 3600 imo, if you go lidless, it’s lower profile than the 2200 as well (clearance above you)

I like my 2200 and use it a lot, but I certainly wouldn’t trade my 3600 for it

I plan on getting a dedicated 26.5” frame for hauling meat (mostly helping others pack meat to keep my primary pack clean besides what I kill) and will get a load crib for it, and the 2200 might just live on that for carrying necessities when helping others pack meat

A dedicated freighter would be nice to have

Last edited: