Exo Mountain K4?

@BRTreedogs you may have started a new anti ranger green trend in the hunting industry!
🤣
Sorry,
It was just an observation I made watching the classifieds.
I really do hope everyone is successful. And has tons of fun.

Now just to get enough people back on MC that Exo will produce it. I know they make squadron in black.

Jakey Pooh was actually like no man Miltary guys are sick of MC

I had to inform him im old enough that I separated before MC had been issued.

Still torn on which size bag I am going to grab. Stuck between the 3600 and 5000. Might order the 3600 and see what I can squeeze into her.

Roosie has me scared if I order the ranger green that it won’t see blood, my head is in a pretzel.
Mine is going to see lots of blood! I like Christmas colors… i just got my ranger green today and it’s a thing of beauty. I had to set it down because my wife was getting jealous, but the pack and I are going to spend some time together tomorrow, hoping it snows a little tonight so I can go walk up a lion track to call on… I’m not wasting any time 😉

Really is an impressive pack, nothing coasted through, thought put into every tiny detail.

Mine is going to see lots of blood! I like Christmas colors… i just got my ranger green today and it’s a thing of beauty. I had to set it down because my wife was getting jealous, but the pack and I are going to spend some time together tomorrow, hoping it snows a little tonight so I can go walk up a lion track to call on… I’m not wasting any time 😉

Really is an impressive pack, nothing coasted through, thought put into every tiny detail.
Did you get a 3600 or a 5000?

Phil87

FNG
Will we be able to place an order for the crib panel on Monday along with the new k4 and have them ship when they're ready?

sivart

WKR
Is anyone able to post some frame pictures side by side with an x-curve or Kifaru (24 or 26) frame standing on the ground?

I’m trying to decide between the 23.5 and the 25. I have had all of the aforementioned frames and seeing a comparison might help put me over the edge on a frame choice.
Yes, this would really help me. I"m in the same boat. The Kifaru 24" frame fits me perfect, but I wouldn't want it any taller.

Is anyone able to post some frame pictures side by side with an x-curve or Kifaru (24 or 26) frame standing on the ground?

I’m trying to decide between the 23.5 and the 25. I have had all of the aforementioned frames and seeing a comparison might help put me over the edge on a frame choice.
I don’t have a 24” kifaru frame on hand, but will say the k4 25” feels taller, I think the 23.5” would feel almost identical to the 24” kifaru

The 25” k4 has better lift angle for sure. The k4 seems to have more lift angle than the k2 as well, and without the aluminum tube across the top it feels like a little better head clearance too.

For reference, I have a fairly short torso (relatively) I’m 6’ even with a 34.5” inseam. I could have gotten away with either and been happy but the 25” is going to be ideal for me…

abbrown

Lil-Rokslider
Exo guys,

I've just watched your "How to Compress bags to day mode" YouTube vid. Wondering if you have suggestions on how to incrementally expand from there to include minimal gear for those day hunts up to 1 or two days, and more. Like if you have a 7200 and want to carry 2 days worth, do you recommend leaving those compression straps at the bottom compressed as much/long as possible and expanding more at the apex of the pack, to keep weight higher up on your body; or do you recommend evenly expanding all along the bag as you add gear/food etc? Thanks.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Exo guys,

I've just watched your "How to Compress bags to day mode" YouTube vid. Wondering if you have suggestions on how to incrementally expand from there to include minimal gear for those day hunts up to 1 or two days, and more. Like if you have a 7200 and want to carry 2 days worth, do you recommend leaving those compression straps at the bottom compressed as much/long as possible and expanding more at the apex of the pack, to keep weight higher up on your body; or do you recommend evenly expanding all along the bag as you add gear/food etc? Thanks.
It will somewhat depend on what specific gear you're bringing, and how you're packing it. For example, a down bag/quilt that is "loose packed" compared to a synthetic bag/quilt in a compression sack. If I am was using a 7200 for a 1-2 overnight trip, I'd be opening up that bottom compression about 1/2 way and filling that void with light items, creating support (between those light items and the compression) to keep the heavier items up higher, and also keeping quick-access items (such as stove) near the middle of the pack, conveniently located near the zipper. Hope that makes sense...and helps.

Really wonder if they'll have enough in stock on release, assuming i'm not the only one waiting for it to release, the demand will be surprisinly high you think?

Xerute

FNG
Really wonder if they'll have enough in stock on release, assuming i'm not the only one waiting for it to release, the demand will be surprisinly high you think?
I think they have wanted to release earlier but didn't because of Zipper issues and probably stock issues.
They seem to be flowing well with production but it will be hard to determine because who knows how many people are going to order what. They did take good data from preorders to adjust production so hopefully that helped them out.

I for one am not going to wait around and see. Going to get my order in as quickly as possible. Wish I was closer to one of the shows they do so I could have ordered there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I for one am not going to wait around and see. Going to get my order in as quickly as possible. Wish I was closer to one of the shows they do so I could have ordered there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do know they are opening up preorders for rokslide a day early right?

You won’t be disappointed, I was able to sneak out for a lion hunt this afternoon and put in just over 8 miles an it was 34.2# per my scale (was just curious) it’s everything I expected/hoped it was, the new lower end of the frame is certainly my favorite of any I’ve worn. Looking forward to putting some real weight in it soon, but I’m really happy with it… I knew it was going to be a great pack, but man it’s comfortable.

Weather sucked, and I was stuck in rain gear all afternoon, but I had to get out and wear the pack for awhile, the exo team killed it with the k4

Axlrod

WKR
I hate this thread😡

I’ve had all my hunting/backpacking gear dialed in perfect for about 6-7 years. No desire to change anything.

I’ve been following this thread since it started, and pretty much have to buy a new K4 pack Monday morning 🤦🏻‍♂️
Me too! I bought a K3 a year ago. Now I have to throw it on my pile of other packs/gear/micro soft Zune that I "needed" to upgrade.

rclouse79

WKR
Me too! I bought a K3 a year ago. Now I have to throw it on my pile of other packs/gear/micro soft Zune that I "needed" to upgrade.
I had my pack up for sale one year ago and was set on buying a k3. In hind sight I am happy I priced it too high and didn’t get any offers. The new k4 is awesome.