Exo Mountain K4?

Those small bags are just our K4 Hipbelt Pouches, but installed on the Crib instead of the hipbelt. We will have the Hipbelt Pouches available, but we will not have more Cribs available until early summer, so they will not be available to order at this initial launch.
bummer! Not end of world but I like the crib for training hikes.

Reactions: PRC
Mine showed up at our other house a little bit ago, and I’m going to get my stuff together and hit the road shortly, and am going to go call for lions tomorrow afternoon, because I can’t wait to wear the new pack.

Pretty stoked that I have it before bear and turkey season and I’ll get to break it in shortly… maybe even tomorrow if I can cut a fresh track. Gonna pack heavy… just because, haha

Tip of the hat to the Exo crew. I work in manufacturing and it’s a challenge to remain open to feedback when sometimes it’s coming from all angles. Throughout this thread, they’ve been quick to respond and open to suggestions while launching a new product. It’s highly appreciated.

BrentH

WKR
I don't have any pics, but I would suggest the 23.5" frame for your height/inseam. Sounds like you have longer legs and a shorter torso than the "average" 5' 8" guy.
Do you have a chart for what an “average” torso length might be by height? I’m 5’6” with roughly a 30” inseam, but have gotten measurements from 15-18” on torso trying to do it by myself. 😂

7mm-08

WKR
This is more buzz for a pack than I have ever seen. After reading this entire thread and watching the recent YouTube videos recently osted, looks like I'll have to shelve my tried and trusty K2 and drive across town to Exo. Not planning to do that for a week or two out of courtesy for Exo's pressing deadlines. Great job (again), Exo!

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Do you have a chart for what an “average” torso length might be by height? I’m 5’6” with roughly a 30” inseam, but have gotten measurements from 15-18” on torso trying to do it by myself. 😂
We don't use torso lengths in our sizing charts for the exact reasons you mentioned — guys will get inconsistent and/or inaccurate numbers based on who is measuring, or how it is measured. Regardless of what we call your torso length, I am confident that a 23.5" frame would fit you great if you are 5' 6" tall with a 30" torso.

JNDEER

WKR
Not sure where you are seeing that? The frame weight does not change, the only variable would be the weight of the different sized bags.
Found what I had seen- previous post back around page 50 that listed bag and frame weights- however I didn’t look closely that those were for the K3.

ljalberta

WKR
Is anyone able to post some frame pictures side by side with an x-curve or Kifaru (24 or 26) frame standing on the ground?

I’m trying to decide between the 23.5 and the 25. I have had all of the aforementioned frames and seeing a comparison might help put me over the edge on a frame choice.

Randle

WKR
Great job all around on the pack and accys design . I really like the idea of a structured bottle holder. Could you show a picture of the nalgene bottle holder attachment strap side?

Still torn on which size bag I am going to grab. Stuck between the 3600 and 5000. Might order the 3600 and see what I can squeeze into her.

Roosie has me scared if I order the ranger green that it won’t see blood, my head is in a pretzel.
I emailed Steve speck and he pushed me to the 3600 since I was Leaning that way. I have one 8 day trip and a handful of 3-4 day trips. However only way to get a 3600 to work on a week long hunt is to use a quilt, and a tent that you just stuff in the bag. I would say if you use a sleeping bag go for the 5000.

Steve’s recommendation was to go smaller and load it up when u get it with everything for your longest hunt. If it’s to small exchange just the bag for next bigger size.

eltaco

WKR
Those small bags are just our K4 Hipbelt Pouches, but installed on the Crib instead of the hipbelt. We will have the Hipbelt Pouches available, but we will not have more Cribs available until early summer, so they will not be available to order at this initial launch.

For those of us that ordered pack and crib panel, will the pack go out first or hang back awaiting the early summer run on crib panels?

Can’t wait to get this pack and start loading up.

I ordered the Fusion 3600, not because I love Fusion… but because I don’t need no bad juju preventing me from filling tags this season!

Reactions: PRC