Exo Mountain K4?

PRC

FNG
I published the review that Jared wrote for us on that one. Looks cool but not what I'm looking for.

The K4 has a single row of laser cut molle toward the back of the belt, supported by an internal plastic piece. It's the perfect place to support the weight of a rifle since it spreads the load out very effectively. The Kifaru Gunbearer would be perfect for that spot if it used single molle instead of double.
I used the slik sling all last season and after a few tweaks here and there it’s perfect for my type of hunting in and around steep rocky cliffs. I definitely like the gun barrel behind my arm and not out in front of my face, just seems to always be in the way of glassing and climbing stuff! All personal preference though. Sounds like they’ll come out with a good option for the k4. Can’t wait to get mine.

DeePow

FNG
Could anyone who has received their pack share what size frame they got and what their height / torso length is? Just curious as I prep to make an order

jonnyviceroy

Lil-Rokslider
Could anyone who has received their pack share what size frame they got and what their height / torso length is? Just curious as I prep to make an order
I am 6’2 I don’t know my torso length though. I got the 26.5 for my preference and it feels incredible thus far. I believe on their most recent podcast episode they posted a link to a sizing matrix. Edit, they’ve posted the chart now I believe. ⬇️

Last edited:

Norcal18

FNG
[mention]DeePow [/mention]
Idk if you’ve seen this but they have a chart up now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
As linked above, we do have the size selection information on the website now. Feel free to give us a call tomorrow and we can chat through it with you... 208-995-4688

They are very water resistant. I never use rain covers. All they do is fill up with water at the bottom.
Another thing I have always appreciated about my k2 is the grommet in the bottom, the only pack company I have used that has that and it makes a difference.

I assume that is something only really appreciated by people who hunt very wet climates. That drove me nuts with my short stent of trying a seek outside, xpac really holds water, but PU backed cordura does too… also keeps gear dry pretty well

I hate rain covers, I refuse to use them. The first time I used one I lost it in the brush, then got another and used it like 2 times and gave up on the concept. A couple small light dry bags is fine for me, or even a contractor bag that I’ll use packing meat, but while not, keep things in that I want to stay dry… I pack them anyway

I published the review that Jared wrote for us on that one. Looks cool but not what I'm looking for.

The K4 has a single row of laser cut molle toward the back of the belt, supported by an internal plastic piece. It's the perfect place to support the weight of a rifle since it spreads the load out very effectively. The Kifaru Gunbearer would be perfect for that spot if it used single molle instead of double.
Agree, would love to see something like that, bucket size as big as kifaru’s… take my money! In the meantime I’ll use the kifaru gun bearer, but would love to see one that uses the molle slots for the Nalgene rather than strapped around the waist belt

A smaller bucket then the kifaru gun bearer and it won’t work well to hold the cam on my bow, or some rifle stocks, and the bigger bucket makes getting your weapon ready as fast as holding it in your hand, doesn’t get stuck in there where you have to pull it out.

Joe Schmo

Lil-Rokslider
No wonder nobody cared when I posted that picture of a 220 buck last year…my pack was 15 years old and nobody cool was posting pictures modeling it☹️

No wonder nobody cared when I posted that picture of a 220 buck last year…my pack was 15 years old and nobody cool was posting pictures modeling it☹️
I can assure you that I would be more impressed if it was not being modeled by someone “cool”

I didn’t see it, I would remember that… 😉

twall13

WKR
Seeing you guys with packs in hand and tracking numbers makes me wish I had placed an order at the Expo. I didn't do it then simply because I hadn't planned on buying a pack this year until I tried that one on. Once I did I knew I was going to own one but I needed some time to sort through what I wanted and what I was going to keep and sell from my current setup. I've now decided on a ranger green 3600 with the tallest frame after doing some research with everything in this thread and what Exo has posted. I'll be ready to order as soon as the Rokslide preorder is available. I know it's not likely but I'll keep my fingers crossed I can get it in my hands before my Bear hunt on April 19th. If not I'm going to have to make do with a massively oversized bag for this hunt as I sold my old Exo bags. Oh well, it will all be worth it in the end. I'm really excited for this setup!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Seeing you guys with packs in hand and tracking numbers makes me wish I had placed an order at the Expo. I didn't do it then simply because I hadn't planned on buying a pack this year until I tried that one on. Once I did I knew I was going to own one but I needed some time to sort through what I wanted and what I was going to keep and sell from my current setup. I've now decided on a ranger green 3600 with the tallest frame after doing some research with everything in this thread and what Exo has posted. I'll be ready to order as soon as the Rokslide preorder is available. I know it's not likely but I'll keep my fingers crossed I can get it in my hands before my Bear hunt on April 19th. If not I'm going to have to make do with a massively oversized bag for this hunt as I sold my old Exo bags. Oh well, it will all be worth it in the end. I'm really excited for this setup!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

We should be able to get the pack out to you before the 19th.

SquirrelyDan

Lil-Rokslider
Does the total Cu In of the bag include the two outer pockets( the tall ones for spotting scopes)? If it is not included in the total volume what is the volume of those two pockets? Thanks! Can't wait to get my hands on one.