Exo Mountain K4?

Got my 7200 this morning, what a purty pack.

Started mixing and matching some accessories from my kifaru and thought I’d share what I found:

1. The marsupial Nalgene pocket weaves nicely into the Nalgene molle, if you have one of these already it works fantastic with just the top molle webbing, just buckle and tuck the second away. The exo Nalgene holder is obviously better for this specific pack, but if you have a marsupial one lying around it will work fine.
464dd1ce7b5abf54a403ca71aeae6bdc.jpg

1af7c27bcb95b1a75204ff522e8294d1.jpg

2. If using the included locking buckles, you’ll end up with an extra male and female standard buckle. If you put these on some extra webbing you might have lying around (I had some old compression straps from my kifaru), the buckles mate perfectly with with the lid to create a “approach pack” or fishing pack or whatever you want it for. I also had some extra marsupial ladder lock gate keepers which are a bit faster than having to weave the webbing through the sewn in ladder locks on the lid.
8ffd7c20438727a790ccfb04736b6e95.jpg

3. If you didn’t get stash pockets but have some slotted make/female buckles lying around or gatekeepers you can attach almost any pullout to the sewn in stash pocket webbing. Also a kifaru chamber pocket tri glide fits nicely in there although it takes a bit more time to get it out than a nice buckle. (admittedly this one is a bit obvious)
0f58eebf3e45a4175f059c2ca33c91a6.jpg

4. If you use a bow spider the puck fits perfectly between the bag and the squadron panel on the frame. Tucks away really nice when not using. The extra webbing loops above the frame stays is also a nice place to weave the bow spider straps as well.
44ebdc95fde278da3741d75cc9d86831.jpg

Amazing pack and system exo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rclouse79

WKR
Got my 7200 this morning, what a purty pack.

Started mixing and matching some accessories from my kifaru and thought I’d share what I found:

1. The marsupial Nalgene pocket weaves nicely into the Nalgene molle, if you have one of these already it works fantastic with just the top molle webbing, just buckle and tuck the second away. The exo Nalgene holder is obviously better for this specific pack, but if you have a marsupial one lying around it will work fine.
464dd1ce7b5abf54a403ca71aeae6bdc.jpg

1af7c27bcb95b1a75204ff522e8294d1.jpg

2. If using the included locking buckles, you’ll end up with an extra male and female standard buckle. If you put these on some extra webbing you might have lying around (I had some old compression straps from my kifaru), the buckles mate perfectly with with the lid to create a “approach pack” or fishing pack or whatever you want it for. I also had some extra marsupial ladder lock gate keepers which are a bit faster than having to weave the webbing through the sewn in ladder locks on the lid.
8ffd7c20438727a790ccfb04736b6e95.jpg

3. If you didn’t get stash pockets but have some slotted make/female buckles lying around or gatekeepers you can attach almost any pullout to the sewn in stash pocket webbing. Also a kifaru chamber pocket tri glide fits nicely in there although it takes a bit more time to get it out than a nice buckle. (admittedly this one is a bit obvious)
0f58eebf3e45a4175f059c2ca33c91a6.jpg

4. If you use a bow spider the puck fits perfectly between the bag and the squadron panel on the frame. Tucks away really nice when not using. The extra webbing loops above the frame stays is also a nice place to weave the bow spider straps as well.
44ebdc95fde278da3741d75cc9d86831.jpg

Amazing pack and system exo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any chance you would show a pic of the bow spider in use? I was contemplating picking up a second lid and permanent mounting a receiver.

Felt great with 50lbs strapped into the load shelf. My load lifter angle is very shallow, I knew I’d be compromising going with the 23.5” frame on that though. The benefits of the shorter frame most likely outweigh the negatives for my needs. The Nalgene holster is very slick!

twall13

WKR
I had a little bit of hesitation about the new side pocket design as I frequently had gear sticking out of the top of the side pockets on my old 5500 as it didn't matter how long/tall things were. After playing around with my new K4 a bit tonight I think my concerns are gone. The new side pockets really are quite big, and if I need something like a fishing rod to stick out taller I can just strap it on and have the bottom in the smaller side stretch pocket. For reference, I was easily able to get my Kowa 883 in one side pocket and a Slik 824 tripod in the other side pocket. There would have been room to put odds and ends around both items as well. I was a little surprised that large tripod would fit in the side zipper pocket but it really wasn't a problem, even with a full pack. Normally I'll keep the tripod strapped to the outside for quicker access but it's cool to see it fit with room around it. I think I'm going to like the new side pocket design after all.

And the Nalgene holder is better than I thought it would be. I can reach it, it's out of the way, it distributes the weight, and it is easy to get in and out. It's different than the one I've used on my Kifaru belt but I can already tell that once I get used to it I'm going to like it better. If anyone was wondering, I could get a 36 oz. Yeti Rambler in it, but it wasn't ideal with a bottle that wide and was much more difficult to get in. My standard Nalgene and HDPE Nalgene are both going to work out really well and those are the bottles I see myself using most often in that holder.

Got back from a couple days in the mountains in search of bears to find my 7200 waiting for me. I’m really impressed with how this frame feels initially.

I’m curious to see if rigging a Gun Bearer or similar system up aligned with the shoulder strap helps carry the weight of a rifle a bit better. I know that I feel my rifle pulling my Kifaru waist belt down unevenly while hiking around. Has anyone tried this out yet?

Got back from a couple days in the mountains in search of bears to find my 7200 waiting for me. I’m really impressed with how this frame feels initially.

I’m curious to see if rigging a Gun Bearer or similar system up aligned with the shoulder strap helps carry the weight of a rifle a bit better. I know that I feel my rifle pulling my Kifaru waist belt down unevenly while hiking around. Has anyone tried this out yet?
Not yet... I can't wait to see what Steve comes up with tho!

I've played the the nalgene holder and it's amazing... Filled up hydro flask or nalgene and no feeling of weight on the belt... Very, very cool feature!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I redneck rigged my gun bearer on the row of molle opposite side of my Nalgene holder, and it’s a significant difference, you cannot feel anything… it really surprised me.

When exo releases their weapon holder that uses that row of molle, people are going to love it, it’s a big difference vs hanging the weight off of the belt itself… pretty clever design from exo, much bigger difference in feel than I expected

rclouse79

WKR

Running both straps from the exo carrier through one buckle attached to where the shoulder strap meets the belt works perfect. I think sewing 1 inch webbing to and existing gun bearer lower and running it through the Nalgene mollee would work just as well. I included a pic of how I attached the gun bearer upper. It is way more comfortable than how I had it set up on my old kifaru pack.
3E849C34-0BC6-41CC-B2D1-A0D519C23C10.jpeg87967D30-0976-45F4-8F20-31B50F49DD0E.jpeg

Running both straps from the exo carrier through one buckle attached to where the shoulder strap meets the belt works perfect. I think sewing 1 inch webbing to and existing gun bearer lower and running it through the Nalgene mollee would work just as well. I included a pic of how I attached the gun bearer upper. It is way more comfortable than how I had it set up on my old kifaru pack.
View attachment 537792View attachment 537793
That looks good. I was thinking about complicating things by making interlocking PALS slots like the Nalgene holder using 1.5” webbing to connect down to the Gunbearer body. Sew a 1.5” Hypalon backing to the webbing, with PALS slots cut into the Hypalon, and attach 1” webbing with 1/16” HDPE reinforced tip to weave through everything.

Hypalon, because it’s what I have on hand. Don’t have any 1.5” ladder locks on hand though…