Exo Mountain K4?

rclouse79

WKR
I have a question for the exo guys. Would you recommend mollee sticks, speed clips, or something else to attach accessories to the belt or shoulder strap?
Let me ask this in a different way and see if I get a response. Pardon my ignorance, but I don't have military experience and am not a tacti"cool" guy. How are the accessories, like the nalgene and pouch, attached to the mollee webbing? My old Kifaru pack used triglide buckles you would push through the webbing to secure the item. I looked online and saw there are lots of options that seem to work: mollee sticks, speed clips, malice clips, etc.

Let me ask this in a different way and see if I get a response. Pardon my ignorance, but I don't have military experience and am not a tacti"cool" guy. How are the accessories, like the nalgene and pouch, attached to the mollee webbing? My old Kifaru pack used triglide buckles you would push through the webbing to secure the item. I looked online and saw there are lots of options that seem to work: mollee sticks, speed clips, malice clips, etc.

The attachment to the Molle panels is built into each accessory. You won’t need anything extra other than just buying the accessory itself.

98EE7621-A3FD-48E3-B850-1A74481F7EAC.jpeg

It depends on the accessories. I can almost guarantee that exo will have an attachment method in place on the accessory. Most companies aren't just putting PALS webbing on the back and making you figure it out anymore.

Normally, there is a stiffened piece of webbing that has a button on the end. That webbing is weaved through the PALS webbing or laser cut molle on the pack.

Here is a pic of a marsupial gear hipbelt pouch as an example.
628e2e4ef97bb34fa9fa50317da88c92.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

rclouse79

WKR
It depends on the accessories. I can almost guarantee that exo will have an attachment method in place on the accessory. Most companies aren't just putting PALS webbing on the back and making you figure it out anymore.

Normally, there is a stiffened piece of webbing that has a button on the end. That webbing is weaved through the PALS webbing or laser cut molle on the pack.

Here is a pic of a marsupial gear hipbelt pouch as an example.
628e2e4ef97bb34fa9fa50317da88c92.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I tried one of the button strap deals to secure a pouch to my old pack. It was floppy and the buttons would come undone so I ended up sewing triglide buckles to make it more like the kifaru system. I just bought a pouch with mollee on the back that I think will hold my Glock 20 10mm during archery season. I might try the mollee sticks to secure it- they look pretty easy and cool.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
For Molle to work properly you need to weave the strap through the webbing. I’m sure a YouTube search would probably demonstrate the technique. Hope this helps.

Citizen

FNG
Yes you weave the molle item through the pals so that it is tight like it’s sewn on.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Steve and I put together a page to show some of the "behind the scenes" design work and testing that has been happening since 2019, resulting in what is now K4...

At that page, you'll find a bunch of photos of prototypes at various stages, a video with a prototype from Steve's sheep hunt in the Frank, and descriptions about some of our testing and findings.

Shower.jpg
Squadron.jpg
Nalgene.jpg

Explanation about these photos, and a lot more, on the Behind the Design page.

prm

WKR
3/28/23

Lots of great content, but that tidbit caught my eye!

Last edited:

Citizen

FNG
We will keep you guys posted, but the Rokslide pre-order will likely be just 1-2 days before the public launch — and we're shooting for March 28 for that public launch. We still have a good chunk of work to get the website ready.
Any chance of getting a frame with one of the 2000ci bags in March? Even if it’s a prototype… I’m really interested in a smaller size bag.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any chance of getting a frame with one of the 2000ci bags in March? Even if it’s a prototype… I’m really interested in a smaller size bag.
Unfortunately not. We’ll be sure to share more on the daypack when we can.

Phil87

FNG
I might have missed it along the way but is the 5010ci of the 5000 bag including the side pockets or is that main bag only?

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I might have missed it along the way but is the 5010ci of the 5000 bag including the side pockets or is that main bag only?
That volume does include the full-length side pockets.

It does not include the lid (which is about 650ci), nor does it account for the use of any stretch pockets (front panel, or lower side stretch pockets).

PRC

FNG
That volume does include the full-length side pockets.

It does not include the lid (which is about 650ci), nor does it account for the use of any stretch pockets (front panel, or lower side stretch pockets).
Mark im back and forth on the 3600 or 5000 k4 . In your opinion can a person pack out a minimalist camp and gear with an entire boned out mule deer (rib and neck meat 75-100lbs) with the 3600 ( roughly 35-45 lbs camp and gear) ??? Thanks in advance

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Mark im back and forth on the 3600 or 5000 k4 . In your opinion can a person pack out a minimalist camp and gear with an entire boned out mule deer (rib and neck meat 75-100lbs) with the 3600 ( roughly 35-45 lbs camp and gear) ??? Thanks in advance
Assuming you're using the load shelf on the frame and not packing the boned-out buck inside the bag, the K4 3600 is certainly sufficient if you have a "minimalist" camp setup.

PRC

FNG
Assuming you're using the load shelf on the frame and not packing the boned-out buck inside the bag, the K4 3600 is certainly sufficient if you have a "minimalist" camp setup.
Yes I always use a load shelf and wear my pack everyday wether on a stalk or not so wanting something that is comfortable, compact and light as possible for daily use but sufficient enough for the big packs out when needed! Thanks for the quick reply! Oh does the 3600 k4 have the horseshoe zipper?

I love my k3 but I think I am one of the few that still experiences some slippage on the hip belt even with the firmer foam and shim and will eventually get my hands on a k4 but I was curious any testers still have a pika frame they would part with? Sounds like those really stay up!