Ever get tired of the photos?

KHNC

WKR
Why would anyone have a hard time with someone elses success photo? This thread belongs on a teenage girls Facebook page... Ed F
Funny how you ALWAYS show up right after Bohntr posts on any forum. Are you not able to think for yourself?

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Thanks, I have a picture of me holding up a 240 pound bluefin tuna I want to make look bigger. I'll try a few different angles, you know, to make it look more impressive. :)

CaliWoodsman

Lil-Rokslider
I’m all for getting the right angle and such to do the animal justice. But I hate the wide angle lenses that distort the antlers. Once you know what to look for, you can’t unsee it. You can make a small framed 140” buck look like a super wide, giant forked bruiser. Drives me crazy.

Illustration: Here’s a 160ish buck I took in Utah a few years ago. He’s tall and heavy, but narrow and his forks are nothing to write home about:
20210512_011655331_iOS.jpeg
With a wide angle lens - and note that the window and filing cabinet are in very similar positions in the frame - he turns into a wide buck with an unreal front fork on his right side. Not at all what he looks like in real life.
20210512_011647699_iOS.jpeg

Drives me crazy. Nobody who’s ever seen that buck thinks it looks like this. He’s a beautiful buck in his own right, there’s no need to make him into something he’s not.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

npm352

WKR
200? What am I missing here?
Chuck Adams hit 200 Pope and Young animals in 2020. He has since gotten more.

People are criticizing the way he takes trophy photos on this thread, which I think is comical.

He is one of the last hunters I'd make negative comments about for finding the angles to make his kills look the best he can in photos. He is also selling articles and the better the photos, the more appealing the articles to publishers.

When they get 200 Pope and Young animals then they can tell Chuck what a fraud he is for holding the antlers out in photos...

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Have you ever seen an Elk this big? It's the biggest ever!
Old Chuck is the bestest ever!

QweSMUu.png
Looks like PaulC???????

KHNC

WKR
What a d!ck... I rarely post here or any other sites... I leave it for armchair hunters like yourself. Look at my posts and you'll be proven to be a liar. Ed F
You prove yourself to be a dk on a regular basis. This is another one of those times.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
You prove yourself to be a dk on a regular basis. This is another one of those times.
I personally don't know him so, if the dk moniker fits I don't know but, I doubt it. I do know he is a very successful archery hunter.

KHNC

WKR
I personally don't know him so, if the dk moniker fits I don't know but, I doubt it. I do know he is a very successful archery hunter.
He is a successful hunter. He is also a smart ass a LOT of the time. You can see it in his prior post. However, I know of him from another forum and his attitude he has over on that one.

Laramie

WKR
Maybe we should make a manual. Pics should only be taken from a certain angle while having a certain degree of bend in the elbow. Only certain body positions are allowed and the lens used HAS to be certified! Otherwise, no likes for you on some random forum where a bunch of people you have never met get to judge you... Seriously guys, think about this discussion and how ridiculous it is.

So this pic is good and should be celebrated?
1697724596947.png

But this one is bad?
1697724669075.png

I don't share many pics online. Most animals I shoot don't make it on the pages of social media. I take pics to remember the hunts and to help tell stories to my grandkids someday. I don't care what some of you think about the angle of my pic, where I happened to be positioned, or your overall opinion of the animal I choose to use my tag on.

bowuntr

WKR
He is a successful hunter. He is also a smart ass a LOT of the time. You can see it in his prior post. However, I know of him from another forum and his attitude he has over on that one.
Hmmm... I only post on one other forum. I must have HURT your feelings a long time ago. Sorry. My first post on this thread was satire. Get over it... Ed F