Estimated score?

crowlja

FNG
I've never scored my animals, more or less shoot animals im excited about. Took this photo while elk Hunting a few years back.

I was thinking hes a 140 class buck...But what do you all think he scores? I truly don't know lol

20211128_125601.jpg

FAAFO

FNG
Looks like he has 4 on one side, with mass and eye guards I could see him going close to 140. Can’t really tell from the pic how mature that buck really is, has some blading on the G2. Kinda has the mature face so he might not get much bigger.

S.Clancy

WKR
Quite a bit less than 140 unless I am missing something.

Just from the face and proportion of head to ears that looks like a real young deer, likely 2.5

FAAFO

FNG
Quite a bit less than 140 unless I am missing something.

Just from the face and proportion of head to ears that looks like a real young deer, likely 2.5
I’m on the fence whether it’s a young deer or an adult. Definitely not an old buck…

S.Clancy

WKR
I’m on the fence whether it’s a young deer or an adult. Definitely not an old buck…
Well, most game agencies classify them as 'adult' after they lose the 3rd premolar (they lose the 3 cusped premolar and it is replaced with a 2 cusped premolar), which is at 18 months or a little after. So, you would be right in calling him an 'adult' deer

Hnthrdr

WKR
Narrow 3x4 crab clawed, and short forks in the back, not built for a high score, I’d put him in the 115 range. I do like the eye guards though those are nice

Hnthrdr

WKR
Here is a 150 buck that I found as a lion kill a few years back, and that was the biggest set of attached antlers I owned for a while, till I killed a 170 buck, I thought I had a pic of them side by side but I don’t :/ it’s nice to get a few classes of buck side by side, the differences become glaringly obvious very quickly, typically frame size and height are easy to spot when they are next to each other

Attachments

• IMG_0624.jpeg
    IMG_0624.jpeg
    330 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0622.png
    IMG_0622.png
    423.1 KB · Views: 44